Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will a cancelled award ticket loop back to the inventory?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
My experience has been that changes to origin/destination on BA award/AA metal have incurred a change fee (believe it was $75). Date/time is probably what's free.
BA does not offer fee free changes using Avios. Any changes will trigger a change fee which is currently $55USD. For mileage redeposits, BA will collect the lesser of $55 or the amount of taxes collected when it was ticketed. So if you use Avios for LGA-YYZ which is only $2.50 in taxes, the amount to redeposit this award will be the lesser of $55 or $2.50.

Originally Posted by chutchins
Does anyone know how this works with tickets put on Hold instead of Ticketed? I put an award on all AA metal on Hold with AA miles this morning, but after doing some math, I think I'd rather use BA miles to book the award. If I don't ticket and let the Hold expire, do those spots open right up? Thanks!
Not necessarily. As mentioned before, when award inventory is cancelled, the airline will determine whether it is still it it's best interest to make them available for awards again. Furthermore, award space being available on an AA flight for AAdvantage members does not equal to that same award space being made available using Avios.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Yes they do. The best way though is to cancel the hold yourself and immediately rebook - the return to inventory has been instaneteous IME
Do not ever count on this. When the hold is cancelled or expires, the seat availability is returned through the IM system. What bucket the seat goes into is determined by IM at that moment.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I do all my 'creative' stuff with the help of an agent. He can do much of what AA (or any airline) can do, and stuff they wont do. If they need to they can call the EXP/CK desk and have them lay their hands on it.

But to the point of this thread NEVER assume ANYTHING (seat, fare or inventory) will 'go back into the bucket' once released. Airlines change inventory minute by minute- a fare that you grabbed and held last night might have been rebalanced 20 minutes after you book. You can hold than inventory class (award or fare code) even after they have decided to sell no more but once you release it you are subject to how they want to sell fares at that moment.

An agent can hold that segment, add to it, extend holds, etc...even ticket and cancel 24 hrs later....

Going to an agent was a watershed moment in my hacking. Of course you need the right agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.