Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get flight info on request via Text Message to FLYAA (35922)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Arrow Get flight info on request via Text Message to FLYAA (35922)

From AA's Facebook:

NEW! Now get instant flight info when you text your flight # to “FLYAA” (35922). No more looking it up online or waiting on the phone. Get your gate info, flight time and baggage claim info in seconds. Travelling for Memorial Day? Try it this weekend! More: http://bit.ly/FLYAA
Old May 27, 2011, 2:30 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm thinking that Twitter and Facebook should merge. I propose Twitbook.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by brp
I'm thinking that Twitter and Facebook should merge. I propose Twitbook.

Cheers.
Or Fa-tter
Old May 27, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD, SPG GLD
relevant...
http://www.youtwitface.com/
Old May 27, 2011, 3:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's it, Twitface!

In the meantime, the results look like

HOW DOES FLYAA WORK?
It's simple! Just send a text to 35922 (FLYAA) with your flight number, and we'll text you back with your flight information, including gates, times and baggage claim. FLYAA instant notifications are available on the day of travel.

EXAMPLE TEXT MESSAGES TO 35922 (FLYAA)

Fligh 1623
*Returns notifications for flights departing today with given flight number

DFW 1623
DFW and 1623
DFW & 1623
*Returns notifications for flights departing today with given flight number

Link to relevant page at aa.com
Old May 28, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Playing with this a little...

Flight 675 today is scheduled AUS-DFW 10:05-11:10a, then DFW-MEX 12:15-2:45p. Currently (10:50a), AA.com is showing it left AUS 10:20, a 15 minute delay, though it will arrive DFW early. And aa.com says estimated 1:15p departure from DFW, a one hour delay.

Texting 675 to FLYAA gets a reply showing departure times of 10:05 and 12:15. The delays shown on aa.com are not noted.

It also says to reply with flight number and airport for more detail. Texting 675 DFW gets a reply that says "AA 0675 DELAYED Departs DFW 12:15 Arrives MEX 02:45". So including the airport, the reply tells me there's a delay but it doesn't give the new current departure time.

I think this rates a #fail. I suppose it's useful if you only need a gate number, but I think I'll stick with the Google service until AA gets it fixed.

Text airline code and flight number to GOOGL (46645) and it'll reply back with current flight status, this works for most airlines. Trying it with "AA flight 675" gets the current info, including the updated 1:15 departure time. The downside to the Google service is that for a flight like this, with two legs, you get 3 messages in reply to convey all the info. That's a nuisance if you don't have unlimited text messages included in your plan.

Last edited by JDiver; May 28, 2011 at 10:06 am Reason: bold last paragraph for AAlternative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.