Wiki Posts
Search

[RUMOR] "Champagne" Coming to American Eagle

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
[RUMOR] "Champagne" Coming to American Eagle

I was told by an American Eagle flight attendant today, after enjoying my complimentary adult beverage as a Plat, that American Eagle will begin serving "Champagne" on its flights.

I asked if it would be before October, and she wouldn't tell a specific date, but she did say "soon." So who knows when this will actually happen, but she seemed to know her stuff....
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Maybe they will add a sparkling wine to those AE birds with first class?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I'll sacrifice champagne for a 2 class ERJ-190
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Maybe Eagle will surprise us big here and offer Veuve Clicquot...

1 750mL bottle for each F pax!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Maybe Eagle will surprise us big here and offer Veuve Clicquot...

1 750mL bottle for each F pax!

No, no. One 750 mL bottle for each elite passenger, but only on $29 NetSaavers fares. @:-)
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that AE is the champagne of airlines the way Miller Highlife is the champagne of beers...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Boom! We have a winner... though it is ahead of the competition in delays and lost baggage, iirc.

Originally Posted by JumboD
The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that AE is the champagne of airlines the way Miller Highlife is the champagne of beers...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
It wouldn't surprise me if this happened. To tell you the truth, I've been extremely happy with AE lately. They always offer to take my coat on one class flights and are always in much better spirits than mainline FAs.

I spoke at length this morning with an AE FA and she is confident that AE will be spun off, retain the AA miles for their customers, but be able to provide a better product (including more 2 class RJs). On top of that, she is EXCITED to be spun off because she thinks they have much more opportunity.

Call my crazy but a company whose staff are excited about their jobs, energetic, and providing great customer service is the one that I would like to deal with in the future! Maybe I'll find myself wanting to take RJs more instead of widebodies
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by demkr
I'll sacrifice champagne for a 2 class ERJ-190
So will I. But equip them like AC (and I do not mean Admirals Club) with on demand IFE!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Actually other than being cramped in a match box a/c I've always gotten excellent service on AE. Last week flying from FAT to LAX the FA kept offering me complimentary snacks (even to go if I wanted.) Flying from ORD to SFO on Saturday night stuck in Y (yeah that route is without a doubt hard one to upgrade) the FA looked put out when I asked don't EXPs get comped for snacks.

I for some strange reason I like the cheap AA champagne but its never cold enough so I always request it over ice.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by ttusqrl
It wouldn't surprise me if this happened. To tell you the truth, I've been extremely happy with AE lately. They always offer to take my coat on one class flights and are always in much better spirits than mainline FAs.

I spoke at length this morning with an AE FA and she is confident that AE will be spun off, retain the AA miles for their customers, but be able to provide a better product (including more 2 class RJs). On top of that, she is EXCITED to be spun off because she thinks they have much more opportunity.

Call my crazy but a company whose staff are excited about their jobs, energetic, and providing great customer service is the one that I would like to deal with in the future! Maybe I'll find myself wanting to take RJs more instead of widebodies
I was feeling a little wacky, but I am seeing the same thing myself! Strange days...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Perhaps they're celebrating not winning america's "meanest" airline....... only only to win the "worst overall" category and "most likely to lose your luggage."

Time to celebrate on AE!!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Perhaps they're celebrating not winning america's "meanest" airline.......
Who got that?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by sts603
Who got that?
United - major.
AE - regional.

Was some article thats blasted around various news sources over the past week or so based on the 2011 Airline Quality Rating (AQR) report.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
I am not sure if the OP was only referring to coach, but I flew from LGA to ATL this morning on Eagle in first and the couple sitting next to me were drinking champagne.

And between the two of them, I think they drank the whole bottle, which is not a small feat considering the length of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.