Wiki Posts
Search

JAL out of ORD now departs from Terminal 3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
JAL out of ORD now departs from Terminal 3

I was entering the H/K AAdmirals club today and noticed a cardboard sign in the shape of an Asian woman with JAL Lounge printed on it. The line inside was longer than usaula for 9:45 AM and the line was mainly JAL pax. They delay was due to the AAngels asking the JAL Pax if they wanted a bento box. That is when I found out that JAL started using T3 for departures and AA 153 was moved to a later, 1:25 pm departure. I never had the opportunity to visit the JAL F/J lounge in T5, but it must be better than the ORD AC.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
I never had the opportunity to visit the JAL F/J lounge in T5, but it must be better than the ORD AC.
The old lounges were too small, worst part of the JAL experience. I say good riddance.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:00 pm

Yup, started March 27th.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
At least the old lounges had decent food and booze. I hope they bring some of that signature curry to the FL lounge
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This is good news for connections.

(As to curry rice ("kari raisu" or カレーライス) it may be the commonest dish in Japan, at least until the coming of American branded fast food, and can even be found in coin-operated food dispensers. Cheap, consistent and generally quite unremarkable. )
Old Apr 7, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I was entering the H/K AAdmirals club today and noticed a cardboard sign in the shape of an Asian woman with JAL Lounge printed on it. The line inside was longer than usaula for 9:45 AM and the line was mainly JAL pax. They delay was due to the AAngels asking the JAL Pax if they wanted a bento box. That is when I found out that JAL started using T3 for departures and AA 153 was moved to a later, 1:25 pm departure. I never had the opportunity to visit the JAL F/J lounge in T5, but it must be better than the ORD AC.
Wow, so AC is providing bento boxes specially for the JAL pax? Nice touch. ^

Last summer I flew ANA, which uses UA's terminal and lounge at ORD, and nothing was offered to ANA pax besides the usual UA stuff.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Wow, so AC is providing bento boxes specially for the JAL pax? Nice touch. ^

Last summer I flew ANA, which uses UA's terminal and lounge at ORD, and nothing was offered to ANA pax besides the usual UA stuff.
Are the bento boxes served in the lounge or on board?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by sts603
Are the bento boxes served in the lounge or on board?
In the lounge. You get a voucher and redeem it at the bar.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Oh.. did not know this, I was there actually in ORD the day they moved... no wonder I saw JL rep. at the AC club with their own desk and at the FL, they had sushi's [which I must say quite good for lounge food] though no JL rep. Did not see any special decorations or so..

I was just wondering, is the sushi something new? Never seen it before. Hopefully with this they might introduce some sake :P

Cheers!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
In the lounge. You get a voucher and redeem it at the bar.
Cool. I take it AC members can also buy them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.