Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What we like most and are grateful for about AA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Thumbs up What we like most and are grateful for about AA?

Some of us are quite new to AA and would love to hear from more experienced AA flyers about what y'all like most or are grateful for this airline. You don't have to recount specific experiences although you are welcomed to do that. I am hoping for a more general list of positive things that you love about AA and take those things to distinguish it from other US based carriers. [redacted meta discussion] Thanks for your contribution!

Last edited by magic111; Mar 3, 2011 at 12:03 pm Reason: redacted meta discussion
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Today: I'm grateful that an AAngel blocked the seat next to me without being asked.

In general: that AA values their classic look and eagle logo, unlike some airlines I know. *couch* United *cough* Among other things.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Showers in the AC
Customer Relations response time
DFW
Ability to upgrade on all paid int'l flights
# of seats in J on 772, 762, 763
Domestic F meals (for the most part
Mileage promos
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Every flight I've ever been on has landed in one piece so far.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Paper Napkins really AA has the best paper napkins in the industry. If I am not mistaken they are at least 50% post consumer recycled content which makes me feel good about flying and drinking.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Possible Lifetime Plat status without flying.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Keeping customer service agents in the US instead of outsourced to places like India *cough* Dell *cough*.

You just can’t expect to get the same service just because they speak the same language. There are things that only people who has lived in the US to understand the colloquialisms that other Americans know.

i.e.: frequent flyer numbers: outsourced agents don't know phoenetic alphabets so they get confused and I have to repeat myself, US based agents know it off the bat without even asking. Little things like that goes a long way in keeping me on AA. Same with airports I can say "dee-ef-double-you," "el-eh-ex," "McCarran," "Narita" or "Haneda" and US based agents know off the bat that I'm heading to Dallas, Los Angeles, Las Vegas or the two airports in Tokyo.

Last edited by kebosabi; Mar 3, 2011 at 12:05 pm
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
It is highly recommended by this moderator and I can reasonably guess by my fellow moderators that if you want to keep a thread open that you do not engage in a meta discussion about the forum.

Please feel free to have that discussion at any time by PM with a moderator or your fellow users.

The OP has been edited to remove the meta discussion starter.

~moderator
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Actually responding to customer complaints rather than copying and pasting a canned letter. ^
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I'm grateful that it is possible to fly about 150k miles per year as a leisure traveler and only have to pay for 100k - or less if a deqm promo is happening
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The best domestic First Class cabin.

Widebodies between JFK and LAX/SFO
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Originally Posted by CMK10
The best domestic First Class cabin.

Widebodies between JFK and LAX/SFO
Awesome! Looking forward to the experience this weekend.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Experiencing aviation history firsthand. Who needs a time machine when you've got regularly scheduled MD-80 flights?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by rjw242
Experiencing aviation history firsthand. Who needs a time machine when you've got regularly scheduled MD-80 flights?
+1 What other airline still flies the Douglas DC-3?

Granted it's not a regularly scheduled flight, but for $150/yr, getting invited to ride on positioning flights is still way too cool way to get around if you can! ^

I just wish it was also possible for some other NPO to bring back the YS-11 to air worthiness in the old JAL livery.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by execplatscum
Paper Napkins really AA has the best paper napkins in the industry. If I am not mistaken they are at least 50% post consumer recycled content which makes me feel good about flying and drinking.
The American Airlines toilet paper is also high quality. After it mixes with that "blue liquid in the bowl" I hope they don't recycle it further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.