Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BBVA Former Guaranty Miles Checking Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 60K "old miles"
Originally Posted by saint
Did everyone's miles post this month from BBVA? Mine usually post like clockwork each month but I still haven't received mine this month. I was curious before I call in if anyone else got theirs already?
Mine last posted 4/26. So looking for this month. I will look at Citicard if they get rid of it.
Old May 20, 2012, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine posted this morning.
Old May 22, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Thanks guys. Mine finally posted this morning. They usually post every month on time but I guess it was late this month. I feel really fortunate to have gotten grandfathered into the miles program here. Even though they diluted it I still enjoy getting the miles here.

I kind of feel like they will just quietly end the program in the future so living up the miles while I can.

Thanks again guys.
Old May 13, 2013, 8:38 am

Guys

Does BBVA compass still allow new accounts to earn miles? Is there any workaround if they have closed it for new customers?

Thanks
Old May 13, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys

Does BBVA compass still allow new accounts to earn miles? Is there any workaround if they have closed it for new customers?

Thanks
No and No.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Please redirect me if someone has already posted about this in another thread....

For years i've been getting the 1:18 miles in 3 grandfathered Gauranty accounts now still at BBVA Compass. My miles always post "1 month in arrears", that is, it shows April post dates with my May AA statement. The last posted miles were for the dates 04/05, 4/12, and 04/12 which showed up in my "May" AA statement. I went to Compass and told them about it, and they said I was the third person that day to come in and alert them to this.

I haven't heard anything else. No miles have posted for these bank accounts. Did I miss a flyer in the mail about the program ending? Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've gotten miles on 5/17 and 6/17.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
I've gotten miles on 5/17 and 6/17.
Thanks for replying! I will stay on top of my branch office to get my miles posted!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Received letter today and it says they are discontinuing the AA miles earning as of Jan 2015. Sad day
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
Received letter today and it says they are discontinuing the AA miles earning as of Jan 2015. Sad day
Wait, what?

You get mail on Sunday?

And, more importantly, this is ending? Man, I have been riding this for a while and loving it.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by ddutil
I just received a notice today from BBVA Compass that the AA miles accounts are going from 1 mile per $10 per month to 1 mile per $18 per month.
And as the 2 posters ago noted, most all of us received on Saturday 11/29/14 a notice that after the start of the January 2015 statement cycle, AA accounts are going from 1 mile per $18 to 0 miles per $18. So the AA checking accounts survived with the reduced rate for just a little under 4 years.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
They just ruined Christmas.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Yep. Sad, sad day. I got the notice as well. I was formally with Guaranty Bank which got acquired. Looks like the gravy train is finally ending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.