Wiki Posts
Search

New JFK-BUD..No promotions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
New JFK-BUD..No promotions?

Just curious if anyone knows, How come there have been no promotions on the new JFK-BUD route like their have been on JFK-HND (up to triple miles).

The best Ive seen is some cheap malev code share offers on the route.

Iam currently booked on an award booking on April 21st
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jchacko2
Just curious if anyone knows, How come there have been no promotions on the new JFK-BUD route like their have been on JFK-HND (up to triple miles).

I'm probably missing something, but if you are on an award booking what practical difference does a mileage promotion make?

Regards
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA,DL

It will be, but like april so if You want double miles, wait.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

i was was planning on using miles regardless so yes it does make no difference to me. But i have some buddies that might be hoping over to BUD for a few.

Strange, seen almost no promotion/advertising on this route....but seems like they have opened it up to BA/IB/Malev so maybe AA is not interested in ticketing on the flight themselves....

The flight im booked on April 21st seems horribly empty (though AA seat map may be inaccurate).

Just curious if anyone had any opinions...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Because there are probably a lot fewer high revenue business travelers to woo with the BUD service vs. HND and the competition is much less, as in nonexistent. Currently, four airlines fly five flights per day from JFK to Tokyo (AA, JL, NH and DL each have one to NRT and AA has HND too) and CO/UA has a daily from EWR. AA will be the sole operator of JFK-BUD from what I can tell.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:24 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm guessing that on all flights within the first month, every passenger on board gets a free BUD or BUD Light. Then again, I invested in Pet Rocks, so what do I know?

Cheers.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JumboD
Because there are probably a lot fewer high revenue business travelers to woo with the BUD service vs. HND and the competition is much less, as in nonexistent. Currently, four airlines fly five flights per day from JFK to Tokyo (AA, JL, NH and DL each have one to NRT and AA has HND too) and CO/UA has a daily from EWR. AA will be the sole operator of JFK-BUD from what I can tell.
Some Japanese AAdvantage MRers are quite excited by this route as they can now do HND-JFK-BUD MR to keep their statuses active. Hot spring baths of Budapest here we come! so they say
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp
I'm guessing that on all flights within the first month, every passenger on board gets a free BUD or BUD Light. Then again, I invested in Pet Rocks, so what do I know?

Cheers.
LOL!

In all honesty...should i expect anything? ... Never actually flow AA international before... (status with A/C) . I just got a bunch of miles from a credit card transfer offer...

From what im seeing mainline Y service/cabin does not look up to A/C standards...however, redemption on AA is DIRT CHEAP(in terms on fees) vs Aeroplan...

The only thing that shocked me was no Ptv or free drinks
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:08 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Ask and ye shall receive! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-jfk-bud.html

Link to AA: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...oryId=16144890
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Guess i have a crystal ball lol
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXPLT; 1MM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Guess i have a crystal ball lol
You must

JY1024 beat me to it. I was just about to post for you as I was checking flights and came across the promo on AA, there are quite a few bonus promos many on IB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.