Wiki Posts
Search

Made Gold - cannot Select Premium Seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Made Gold - cannot Select Premium Seats

I just made Gold. So, I went to 'my reservation' line and tried to select premium/exit seats for my future reservations. Now the seats are showing up in the seat selection list. When I click on n available premium/exit seat, its selected, but after I click on the 'submit' button, it thinks for a while and says in RED, "Check below for errors : One or more of the seats you requested is not available."

Whats going on? Whay can't I select the good seats?

Tintin
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
your new status isn't in the existing records....call aa to get them fixed....good luck...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt AA-Plat 0.1MM AMTK-Select IHG-Gold
Contrats on your new status. Call AA. Ask them to remove your AAdvantage Number and reinsert into your reservation. Then the system will recognize your new status and give you access to the premium seats.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Wow! This is strange. I will give them a call tomorrow. Will look-up the Gold CS number. Thanks everyone.

Tintin
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
When I made gold it took a few days before I could select premium seats (even on a newly-made reservation that reflected my gold status).
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjw242
When I made gold it took a few days before I could select premium seats (even on a newly-made reservation that reflected my gold status).
Thanks. I think it is a 'systemwide update' issue. Oh! Well!

Tintin
Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I've experienced similar situation. As others have mentioned, it appears that not all of the automated systems in AA will update status level at the same time.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tintin
Thanks. I think it is a 'systemwide update' issue. Oh! Well!

Tintin
You can think that if you like. AA populates the status field in your PNR when it is created. They do not refresh that field every time the PNR is accessed. When your status goes up, you have to call to have an AAgent update your status to get the benefit of that status. If your status goes down, just leave it alone.

When stickers are deducted or miles posted, the system does check your current status and override your status at the time of purchase.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gemac
You can think that if you like. AA populates the status field in your PNR when it is created. They do not refresh that field every time the PNR is accessed. When your status goes up, you have to call to have an AAgent update your status to get the benefit of that status. If your status goes down, just leave it alone.

When stickers are deducted or miles posted, the system does check your current status and override your status at the time of purchase.
As I just mentioned, when I purchased a new reservation as a brand-new Gold member, with the Gold status clearly included in the PNR, I got the same error noted by the OP: premium seats show up but are "not available" when you actually try to reserve them. So there is some other process that takes a couple days to register.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When in doubt on this kind of issue and you have attempted to remedy it with no success, contact Web Services.

Web Services

U..S. or Canada
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

United Kingdom
0844 4997300 (0.05 GBP/min, network charges may apply)
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT
Saturday - Sunday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

All Other Locations
1-918-832-1384
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:20 am

this has happened to me before and giving them a call was a quick fix. good luck and congrats!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I am a database administrator, but do not work for an airline.

Sometimes it can take a while for changes to propagate through the entire system. As the others have suggested, call and get it fixed.

Incidentally, I had a "weird" error a couple weeks ago. One email to Web Services did the trick. I was impressed!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Give it a few days. It takes a little bit of time for your new status to "filter" through the system.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Works Now! Took ONE Day!

Thank you everyone. I was been able to change my seat successfully in aa.com just a few minutes ago. I made Gold yesterday (thanks to NYPTL promo ). It seems AA takes about a day for the full systemwide update of the status.

I checked with SeatGuru and selected a good Exit seat for my next trip to Las Vegas

Now I have to research what else can I get with my Gold status.

Tintin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.