Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legal to make LGA JFK Transfer on AAwards?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HHONORS Diamond, Avis Preferred
Legal to make LGA JFK Transfer on AAwards?

I am planning an AAdvantage All Airline Award booking. I am trying to get from LAX-JFK in order to catch a CX flight leaving from JFK. The only availability I'm seeing is to LGA. Does AA allow such transfers between LGA and JFK on an award ticket? Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:05 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by jiangatang
I am planning an AAdvantage All Airline Award booking. I am trying to get from LAX-JFK in order to catch a CX flight leaving from JFK. The only availability I'm seeing is to LGA. Does AA allow such transfers between LGA and JFK on an award ticket? Thanks!
AAward Ticket : LAX to HKG or YVR via LGA and JFK...Am I missing something here?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

JFK-HKG via YVR.
I need to find a way to get to New York from LAX in order to catch that flight. I'm only seeing availability to LGA tho. Is it legal to transfer between LGA and JFK? I will call AA later when I have time but just wanted to check here before I get myself too excited.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
JFK-HKG via YVR.
I need to find a way to get to New York from LAX in order to catch that flight. I'm only seeing availability to LGA tho. Is it legal to transfer between LGA and JFK? I will call AA later when I have time but just wanted to check here before I get myself too excited.
AA sells plenty of itineraries that have an LGA//JFK "arnk" connection so do not see why they would not offer an award connection for the same.

You are going to have to call for the booking to HKG as aa metal does not go there so why not call, find the answer and report back.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:18 pm

I've done this-fly into JFK, then out of LGA on an award ticket (and vice-versa). Each time I had a stopover in NYC so I can't advise how long they would give you to take the 2nd flight if you were not using a stopover.

BTW, I've booked these online.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
BTW, I've booked these online.
not for partner awards you haven't
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
Yes, I have booked ORD-LGA/JFK-HKG as an award and ORD-LGA/JFK-GIG as revenue. You're only problem might be whether LAX-NYC-HKG is a legal routing.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 000123UA
Yes, I have booked ORD-LGA/JFK-HKG as an award and ORD-LGA/JFK-GIG as revenue. You're only problem might be whether LAX-NYC-HKG is a legal routing.
Thanks for all your help. I will call AA tonite to confirm and get back to you guys!
True, if thats the case I will just do 2 one way awards, JFK-HKG and HKG-LAX. But I will have to fork over a one way ticket to NYC though. hmmmm
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
JFK-HKG via YVR.
I need to find a way to get to New York from LAX in order to catch that flight.
Are you doing a stopover in NYC? If not, why not book just the YVR-HKG leg on CX? Presumably if there's availability JFK-HKG, there must be YVR-HKG. You could use Alaska to get LAX-YVR, assuming availability, or buy that flight instead (which is likely cheaper than LAX-NYC).
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
Are you doing a stopover in NYC? If not, why not book just the YVR-HKG leg on CX? Presumably if there's availability JFK-HKG, there must be YVR-HKG. You could use Alaska to get LAX-YVR, assuming availability, or buy that flight instead (which is likely cheaper than LAX-NYC).
Weirdly enough, there is no availability from YVR-HKG. Thanks for the tip tho

Last edited by jiangatang; Sep 16, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.