Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR MR turn time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:18 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
London mileage run turn

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it.

I am considering booking SFO-MIA-JFK-LHR-MIA-SFO, with a "connection" at LHR from 9:35 AM to 11:25 AM on a Sunday morning in February.

What is involved in doing an immediate turn on AA at LHR? Can I have my partner check me in on-line for LHR-MIA, while I am in the air from JFK? If so, what is the cut off time for me to present my passport at LHR? Where must I present it?

For you experienced LHR flyers, is this a bad idea? What are the potential consequences of missing my "connection"?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:25 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Wow, mod, you are brilliant (and fast)!

No wonder I couldn't find it, LHR and MR are too short for the search function.

Moderator brilliance aside, I would still appreciate specific answers to my questions...

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Oct 20, 2010 at 8:32 pm
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Using Advanced Search, Search by keyword, Search titles only, using keyword "LHR" in quotation marks, show results as threads, reveals this (among others) thread.

/Moderator
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it.

I am considering booking SFO-MIA-JFK-LHR-MIA-SFO, with a "connection" at LHR from 9:35 AM to 11:25 AM on a Sunday morning in February.

What is involved in doing an immediate turn on AA at LHR? Can I have my partner check me in on-line for LHR-MIA, while I am in the air from JFK? If so, what is the cut off time for me to present my passport at LHR? Where must I present it?

For you experienced LHR flyers, is this a bad idea? What are the potential consequences of missing my "connection"?
It's doable assuming your flight from Miami is on time. Instead of going thru immigration you just use the Flight Connections Center and get your boarding passes from AA there (or have them issued in JFK) and then go thru security to come back into Terminal 3. I know you have to check-in at least an hour before your flight at LHR but am not sure if it's any different if your going through the Connections Center. You can do all of that in less than an hour and potentially have time to have a quick breakfast in the BA First Lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Yup no problem if the flight into LHR is on time; walk to Flight Connections and go through Security to get back into T3, instead of getting on a bus to another terminal. That Security line has taken me anywhere from 1 minute to 25 minutes to get through, so that's your biggest variable. Since you're EXP, just go the the AC and check in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.