Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This thread has been closed in favour of the following two more specific threads:

Best 772 / 777-200 First Flagship Seats for one / solo (merged)
Best 772 / 777-200 First Flagship Seats for two / couple (merged)

~AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Best first class seat on the 777

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Best first class seat on the 777

I could not find any topics concerning 777 first class seats, but only business class seats.

If traveling alone, I would have to say that 1J would be the best first class seat due to the privacy offered. What do you all think?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
In my order of preference:

2J - further from the galley and the lav than 1J (less noise - not that there is a lot of it)
3J - the backup to 2J although starts to get close to the J galley
3D - minimal J galley noise and across from one of the pilot seats who often times is not there but no window.

Worst: 4A - 4J, IMO.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
1J is good. Look at the stickys.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:16 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
This debate has been well-aired, but I will once again cast my vote for 1J. It has the most privacy, and at night no one else's lights shine on you. I've never experienced noise problems in 1J.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

any A or J seat if travelling alone is good. didin't find anything really to differentiate the ones I have used
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I flew in 1J and found that the noise from the lav flushing was occasionally bothersome. In fact, with the seat in bed mode (with your legs resting on the companion seat), there's a slight vibration whenever the lav gets flushed on the other side of the wall. I'm a very light sleeper, even with earplugs plus BOSE headphones on top, so I was aware of the flushing. On the other hand, 1J is clearly the most private seat available to customers on longhaul flights (since 1A is for pilot crewrest).

So, maybe 1J for a daytime flight, and something else for a redeye? FEBO is another factor
if meal selection matters to you. On my last 772 flight, they ran out of one of the F entrees and had to pull additional ones from J because so
many F pax wanted the chicken entree.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
This has, indeed, been discussed many times on FT. I won't rehash, but I continue to vote for 2J.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
4 A/J, without question.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 4:07 pm

1J.

Every time this question is asked, I state the same reasons:
-Never heard any noise from the lav
-Never felt any vibration from the lav
-Never seen bothersome light from the galley
-Never seen bothersome light from other seats
-Seems more private because you don't see much of the cabin and most of the cabin doesn't see you
-Never had a problem with getting my first meal choice, regardless of flight number
-When the galley F/A looks back into the cabin, more often than not they have refilled my drink, taken discarded service items, asked if I needed something, etc. Since this is about the only seat the galley F/A sees, I have always felt I get a little extra attention sitting there

And I might add that the times I've sat in row 4, I have heard more noise and seen more light from behind
Old Jul 5, 2010, 4:16 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
1J.

-Seems more private because you don't see much of the cabin and most of the cabin doesn't see you
-Never had a problem with getting my first meal choice, regardless of flight number
-When the galley F/A looks back into the cabin, more often than not they have refilled my drink, taken discarded service items, asked if I needed something, etc. Since this is about the only seat the galley F/A sees, I have always felt I get a little extra attention sitting there

And I might add that the times I've sat in row 4, I have heard more noise and seen more light from behind
^ Good list! Agree with all -- and if I'm not mistaken there is better visibility out the windows from 1J than any seat other than 1A.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
1J.

I've had the exact opposite experience. I've flown in 1J twice and both times I had issues with light and noise coming from the galley. I don't consider myself a light sleeper either, especially with a few drinks in me.

I much prefer 2J or 3J. 3A likewise.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
This has, indeed, been discussed many times on FT. I won't rehash, but I continue to vote for 2J.
Another vote for 2J. I avoided 1J for the lav issue.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
2J all the way!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
1J all the way.
I've flown in 1J on ORD-LHR myself. Very quiet, private and pleasant assuming the FAs keep galley chatter to a minimum.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:59 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
not even hard for me: 2j even 3j odd. 1j is too close to the lav and the galley.
what advantage does 1j have over the two rows behind it???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.