Wiki Posts
Search

PriorityAAccess for sale?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
PriorityAAccess for sale?

I just noticed this while shopping for a trip. It seems aa.com has added a line item for PriorityAAccess which indicates it's complimentary for my trip. I wonder if it means that AA is getting ready to offer PriorityAAccess to non-elites for a fee?

http://twitpic.com/1w7aku

============================MODERATOR'S NOTE==================================

In fact, it essentially IS for sale. Please follow this discussion in this thread:

"Boarding and flexibility" option now for sale on AA.com (PriorityAAccess for sale)

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 15, 2010 at 9:27 am Reason: add mod note prior to closing thread
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Was that a Y or B economy ticket, it is included with that. You never know, UA sells their equivalent of priority AAcess and now with AA joining in on UA's mileage multiplier this could be the next AA gimick
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:39 am

Oh crap. The kettles will be lining up in priority access.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I disagree, based on my experience with the WN equivalent of that, the EarlyBird program (allows one to get an early boarding position and therefore earlier boarding and greater seat selection for $10). It looks to me like very few people flying Southwest spend the extra tenner (each way) to do that.

Originally Posted by 777lover
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
It could happen, UA already does it.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
IME, there aren't a ton of people who do it on UA that it's barely noticeable to the average elite.

If it accomplishes either making AA some more money for something totally optional or encouraging someone to fly AA and become an elite to continually enjoy this benefit, I'm all for it.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I'm all in favor of anything that allows "the kettles" to rub elbows with us sophisticates; puts us arrogant jerks in our place.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can't see this being a + (from an elite's perspective). THe way AA instituted the PriorityAAccess program was slightly flawed to begin with. Instead of segregating by classes and type of elites (especially at large hubs like MIA), the PA queue is massive for both Business and First as it is.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by imagineertobe
I just noticed this while shopping for a trip. It seems aa.com has added a line item for PriorityAAccess which indicates it's complimentary for my trip. I wonder if it means that AA is getting ready to offer PriorityAAccess to non-elites for a fee?

http://twitpic.com/1w7aku
I hope not. My guess is that its just reminding you as an AA Plat you get PA at the airport security and/or boarding line. I hope I'm right.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
At least as far as the gate goes, don't they already? I don't recall a trip in the last year that the gate pretty much used only one line and it usually was the Priority line. In that case, I'd cut in front using the other lane. Some even had the second lane blocked off with wheelchairs or other items.

Watching the security line at SFO, the gate keepper would funnel some of the General Access people over to the Priority Line. My guess is to relieve some of the backup. Why they can't pull from the front of the line wasn't obvious.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
It may be unlikely, but if this improves PA enforcement, I'm in favor.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marksskram
I hope not. My guess is that its just reminding you as an AA Plat you get PA at the airport security and/or boarding line. I hope I'm right.
It's just weird to me that they've created a line item in the fare breakdown section to say that PriorityAAccess is complimentary. Why aren't they reminding me that I have complimentary lounge access since this itinerary was international, or that I can check-in at First/Business check-in counters, or ... ?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millsdale
Was that a Y or B economy ticket, it is included with that.
Nope - this was an N fare.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I'm not seeing the line added when I do a fare search and price out an itinerary. Anyway, if AA decides to do it, I say great. It's more revenue for AA and will hopefully lead to be management and enforcement of PriorityAAccess check-in, boarding and security lanes. I doubt they will sell very many PriorityAAccess passes similar to UA Premier Line, but who knows. I'm taking an award trip on UA to redeem the last of my UA miles and have received multiple emails soliciting me to purchase Red Carpet Club passes, Economy Plus, Premier Line, etc. I've just disregarded them because I know flying UA is abysmal at best, with or without the added services.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
imagineertobe maybe you were logged into your AAdvantage account before you started making the booking and it was reminding you of the Priority AAccess benefit as it already knew who you were?

AAerSTL, maybe you weren't logged in when you tested?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.