Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Many fall schedule changes effective mid-August, AA NOT e-mailing the changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just got an email from AA regarding schedule changes to a flight in September. I noticed the change a few days ago but it's nice to get the email as a lot of times I don't realize there's been a change until much closer to the flight.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Ohh AA is like my little girlfriend used to be. Always changes for whatever reason. My previouse experience with AA is always there is schedule changes somewhere in the line. Last year I had about 20 AA sectors and there were about 4 Sector schedule changes.

This June I have 18 sectors booked so far I was informed in April that 6 sectors involve changes and another two flights have minor changes like 5 or 10 minutes. I have to change routing for two sector due to the change. I have to change another flight due to tight connection (from 55 mins to 25 mins) in Dallas. Have to say goodbye to one B763 Frst seat and be downgraded to the B757 one...
Old Jun 6, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by demkr
Also remember that nasty bug where upgrade requests need to be resubmitted via the EXP desk whenever there's a schedule change after booking!
Originally Posted by demkr
I just don't like how the requests have to be reinstated (and to add insult to injury, over the phone only!) In my one case when this happened, I ended up missing an upgrade on a vacation I booked in December for an April trip. The "Requested" info never left the ticketed reservation, and because I booked so long ago, I had no idea about the schedule change (never got notified).

They need to figure out a way to do this while automatically retaining upg requests.
What kind of upgrade request? 500-mile domestic sticker requests can most certainly be resubmitted ONLINE. I have re-checked the (now open) box many many times on schedule changes....
Old Jun 6, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
What kind of upgrade request? 500-mile domestic sticker requests can most certainly be resubmitted ONLINE. I have re-checked the (now open) box many many times on schedule changes....
In my experience, when it was the flight # that changed, the box did not appear for me and I had no way of knowing
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
But every week or so??? more like every day... lol
especially when there are better seats that might open up
ExpertFlyer now has seat alerts -- you can have it alert you when a specific seat becomes available.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
I got my notification today about my flight change for the 2nd week of October. However, thanks to this thread, I had already discovered the change myself.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
I've got two itineraries in October, both of which were affected by the changes which caused potential misconnects. Last week I received two EMails, followed up a couple of days later from the call centre letting me know about the changes and asking me to call to re-book. Great service.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA LFT. PLAT
Positive August 24th Changes (Did Search)

Note: I did a endless search I know the master thread is out there

Tuesday I was on flight 25 and my seat-mate was talking about him losing service from his hometown. I did some digging for positive changes eff 8/24/10 767/777 only.

NEW:
ORD LAX: GETS TWO 767 (455,699)
LAX ORD: GETS TWO 767 (1196,1408)
ORD MIA: GETS TWO 767 (2050,1940
MIA ORD: GETS TWO 767 (295,643)
Where did MIA -ORD 4 767 go?
MIA LAX : GETS 2 767 ( 277,231) 1 777 (299)
LAX MIA: GETS 1 767 (280) 1 777 (1520)
DFW SFO 1 767: 399
SFO DFW 1 767 1996
LAX BOS*: 1 767: 222 OTHER NOTE: 1 757 ADDED: 192
BOS LAX*: 1 767: 145 OTHER NOTE: 1 757 ADDED: 222
* I know already discussed but it is a positive change

SAME:
DFW ORD: 1 777 2350 - EARLIER DEPT TIME
ORD DFW: 1 777 2347 - NEW TIME
MIA PAP: 2 767 (1291,575)
PAP MIA: 2 767 (822,1908)

Thats all I found. Mods please merge when the missing thread appears.

Last edited by atrainexp22; Aug 21, 2010 at 11:47 pm
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
This appears to be the master thread (or at least, one of them):

I found this thread by searching for "August", using titles only. It was the fourth thread returned.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:05 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm curious what search terms you used. I searched for "August" as a title search and the thread mentioned above came up as the third option (second if we don't count this one) in about 4 seconds.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: AA LFT. PLAT
Originally Posted by brp
I'm curious what search terms you used. I searched for "August" as a title search and the thread mentioned above came up as the third option (second if we don't count this one) in about 4 seconds.

Cheers.
August 24
AA Fall Changes

I think if it needs to be moved it will. I just thought I share all the Big Aircraft starting 8/24/10
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atrainexp22
August 24
AA Fall Changes

I think if it needs to be moved it will. I just thought I share all the Big Aircraft starting 8/24/10
A little search advice:

1. Search will ignore (as too short) any search terms that are three characters or less. Therefore, in the above searchs, it would ignore the 24 in the first search, and just search for any thread that contained the word August. In the second search, it would ignore the AA and search for Fall Changes.

2. When search terms are separated by a space, it searches for either. Therefore, in the second search, you would have gotten any thread that contains either the word Fall or the word Changes. To find a thread that contains both words would require that you surround both words with quotes and separate them with the word and. Note, though, that this still wouldn't be that selective, as the word Fall and the word Changes do not need to be in the same post.

3. To search on Fall Changes as a single term, surround the term with quotes.

I highly recommend the following threads in the tech forum (they are stickies there):

Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread

Search update

With a little effort, you will learn how to dramatically reduce your search time and improve the results. The FT search engine is very powerful, and can be used to find the wealth of information that exists here.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 12:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
A little search advice:

1. Search will ignore (as too short) any search terms that are three characters or less. Therefore, in the above searchs, it would ignore the 24 in the first search, and just search for any thread that contained the word August. In the second search, it would ignore the AA and search for Fall Changes.

2. When search terms are separated by a space, it searches for either. Therefore, in the second search, you would have gotten any thread that contains either the word Fall or the word Changes.
FYI, this is not correct. If the phrase is enclosed in quotes, the system will effectively search for two or three (maybe it would do one as well ) letter phrases. As an example, I did a title search for "AC" and retrieved a number of threads with "AC" in the title. The quotes are they key.

As for point #2, it seems to favor threads with both terms. As an example, when I search {"AA" "BA"} I receive threads with both "AA" and "BA" in the title.

The search feature really has been improved in the last year or so.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
FYI, this is not correct. If the phrase is enclosed in quotes, the system will effectively search for two or three (maybe it would do one as well ) letter phrases. As an example, I did a title search for "AC" and retrieved a number of threads with "AC" in the title. The quotes are they key.
Right. I meant to put that in, got in a hurry. But the poster I was responding to didn't use quotes, so in his search they got ignored.

Originally Posted by brp
The search feature really has been improved in the last year or so.

Cheers.
Agreed.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IATA seasons - airlines often use these for flight changes

IATA regulates seasonal schedule and has conferences with main players to coordinate scheduling.

Summer season
Defined by IATA as the period running from the last Saturday in March to the last Saturday in October. The summer season corresponds to a schedule of summer flights over a period of 7 months.

Winter season
Defined by IATA as the period running from the first Sunday following the last Saturday in October to the Friday before the last Friday in March. The winter season corresponds to a schedule of winter flights over 5 months.

Additionally, airlines will / can modify schedules based on load factors, etc. Expect a mass of changes the last Saturday in March and October, and don't be surprised at other changes caused by a number of factors like high and low demand times like U S Spring Break, summer (in this specific case), Thanksgiving and Christmas seasonal travel.

It's a PITA for many flyers, and AA often complicates things with lost seats and upgrade dates, connections, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.