Wiki Posts
Search

Free goodie at Admirals Club - sample shaving kit

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Free goodie at Admirals Club - sample shaving kit

Checked into the SFO, LAX and BOS clubs recently and at the checkin desk, they have a display/basket handing out "Art of Shaving" sampler packs containing pre shave oil, shaving cream, and after shave balm.

As I like to shave with vintage razors and brush, these sampler size items are good for traveling, instead of lugging around a full size shaving cream tube or tub. Art of Shaving shaving cream is pretty good too; the sampler is "unscented".
Old May 30, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Also had them at the JFK "near" AC a couple of weeks ago.
Old May 30, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold
This past week I found them at the AC in SJC, STL, and DFW. Most AAngels were anxious to get rid of them as there is evidently quite a big stock.

I did try out a kit--it includes pre-shave oil, shaving cream, and after shave. A $25 off coupon was also included in the kit. I had a great shave, and even let the AAngels feel my face to see the effectiveness of the product.

I would certainly consider buying the product when my free samples are gone (depending on cost).

ZakkW
Old May 30, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Also received one both at BOS and STL couple weeks ago. Haven't opened them yet.

Does like a bit pricey to me:
http://www.theartofshaving.com/shop/product/98006/1
$100 for full size kit
Old May 30, 2010, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ZakkW
I had a great shave, and even let the AAngels feel my face to see the effectiveness of the product.

Hmmm.... I hope you are speaking in jest.
Old May 30, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
I got this sampler a few weeks back too. I wish I had picked up more/hope they're giving them away in a few weeks when I have my next trip.
Old May 30, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I had a great shave, and even let the AAngels feel my face to see the effectiveness of the product.
Seriously?
Old May 30, 2010, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by videomaker
Seriously?
Yes.

This whole thing really isn't a big deal and is totally harmless.

ZakkW
Old May 30, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
This whole thing really isn't a big deal and is totally harmless.
Sounds a bit weird to me.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I had a great shave, and even let the AAngels feel my face to see the effectiveness of the product....ZakkW
Am trying to avoid the mental imiage of Harlen and/or Lorraine trying this (STL)...
Old May 30, 2010, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by videomaker
Sounds a bit weird to me.
Nothing weird. They were curious as to how well the stuff worked. Its not like I was groped...

Perhaps it reads poorly on a message board, but truly this is no big deal. Let's all move on... You've got to have something better to do on a (holiday) weekend...

ZakkW
Old May 30, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PLT,HH-PLT
hahahaha, oh the images!!! The kit is nice, but I thought those free dayquil samples a few month's back were much much better!!!
Old May 30, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by skye1
Am trying to avoid the mental imiage of Harlen and/or Lorraine trying this (STL)...
If you're not getting a hug from an FA, it's the next best thing.

I tried these this morning, actually. Very nice, but $100 for a kit that looks like it will last 1-2 months is a bit steel for me.
Old May 30, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by brenc3
I tried these this morning, actually. Very nice, but $100 for a kit that looks like it will last 1-2 months is a bit steel for me.
I'm surprised this store has been around for as long as it has. Perhaps the fact that they are using the Admirals Club as a promotional tactic shows there isn't much interest and demand for their products. FWIW, I rarely see anyone in their location at Copley Place. I'm perfectly content purchasing shaving cream, aftershave, etc at Walgreens or CVS and it seems many others are as well.
Old May 30, 2010, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
To be fair, Art of Shaving does make a good shaving cream. It's among the favorites at the badgerandblade.com folks who are as geeky about shaving as we are about flying. I like the lavender scent. $22 for a 5oz tub of shaving cream is a bit steep...but it does last quite a long time. Their products are available at Nordstroms as well, which is where I get mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.