Search

Check baggage question.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Check baggage question.

Hi,

I am traveling from NYC to TPE. I do some research, and don't see any restriction on bring a microwave to check baggage. But still wondering, 1) Am I allowed? 2) would it survives the automated baggage system? 3) can I request the GA put on some fragile sticker (still don't know if it would help).

Note: I will also bring Wii concole for my son, if it can survives the Automated Baggage System.

It's not big money, but just want to bring the extra microwave & Wii to my other home. And don't want to be empty-handed.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
800-433-7300
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
If it's in a box, you will have to sign a damage waiver, as AA will not accept liability.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 869
800-433-7300
Are you worked for AA? It's exactly what I got the response from aa customer relations' e-mail.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by cliffordchan
Are you worked for AA? It's exactly what I got the response from aa customer relations' e-mail.
You should contact AA at the phone # and ask specifically whether or not you can check a microwave. It is their decision that matters b/c if you arrive at JFK and they won't take it, it won't do any good for you to reply "but someone on an internet chat board said I could"
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: EXP AA.
I would be very wary of putting any electrical items like that in baggage, some of the arms that direct the baggage onto the individual belts to the loading bay for aircraft, have quite a kick. You need to seriously invest in some bubble wrap etc, before you send a microwave that way.

Cheers Larry.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:25 pm

Use the original package will increase the chance of survival. I think AA will let you check it in. Saw quite a few time people check in stuffs like that.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

thanks all for the response. I will call AA and see what happen, thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.