Wiki Posts
Search

seat sizes on Eagle Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
seat sizes on Eagle Flights

I'm traveling on Amercan Eagle for the 1st time in years, and don't know the new planes at all. Are the newer small jets like the CR7 and ER64 the same size seats as in M80 full size jets?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by qkslvr
I'm traveling on Amercan Eagle for the 1st time in years, and don't know the new planes at all. Are the newer small jets like the CR7 and ER64 the same size seats as in M80 full size jets?
No, they are not. The regional jet seats are quite uncomfortable, IMO. Aside from the seat size differences (vs. MD80), they seem (to me, anyway) to be less padded. If given a choice, I won't take them on any route over 1 to 1:15 hrs.

seatguru.com or seatexpert.com are a few resources that give descriptions about these planes.

EDITED TO ADD:
For example, ER jets have a 31" pitch and 17.3" width (vs. 31-33" pitch and 18" width on MD80)
CR - 31" pitch and 17" width

Last edited by miamigrad; Apr 8, 2010 at 12:36 pm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If you select 12A (exit row in (I think) the EMB140), there is a protruding, non-moving metal piece on the left (window) side of the seat that will make the experience very uncomfortable.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:21 pm

Honestly, what's the deal with all the padding issue complaints? I never have a problem with padding, and I'm not a big fatso with a lot of "built in cushion"--5'4" 128 lb male. Is this more of a problem "larger" people have?

Last edited by lobo411; Apr 8, 2010 at 1:26 pm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
If you select 12A (exit row in (I think) the EMB140), there is a protruding, non-moving metal piece on the left (window) side of the seat that will make the experience very uncomfortable.
Some of the older ER jets have that issue (I think it is the ones they got thru the TWA deal). The relatively newer ones don't have the same issue so you can lift both armrests up. 12A has more leg room than MD80 IMHO.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, ALL Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by lobo411
Honestly, what's the deal with all the padding issue complaints? I never have a problem with padding, and I'm not a big fatso with a lot of "built in cushion"--5'4" 128 lb male. Is this more of a problem "larger" people have?
Try sitting in the exit row of a CR7, though it's hard to complain about the padding because there isn't any to begin with. Worst. Seat. Ever.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by lobo411
No I think the padding issue affects most "Normal Sized" people..
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Homeboy
Try sitting in the exit row of a CR7, though it's hard to complain about the padding because there isn't any to begin with. Worst. Seat. Ever.
yes, unless you have short femurs, the CR7 exit row is murder because the seat cushions are considerably smaller (less deep) than in the other rows. The CR7 seat width is the smallest in the fleet. If you're tall don't take the window because the curve of the wall will hit hard.

The ERD exit rows do not have that problem, however. The ones with the lifting armrests are actually fine and have lots of leg room.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat; CO Gold; AS MVPG; SPG Gold; PC Gold AMB
I only fly Eagle on <500 miles segments. And I quite enjoy sitting in Eagle.

Am I the only one who enjoy taking American Eagle more than mainline coach?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
the ERJ's seats are better then the CRJ seats .... those CRJ seats when wearing a winter coat, can be quite a "snug" experience in row 1 .... and god forbid you have two guys with broad shoulders on those flights ....

+-ADT
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Good point. I have hundreds of segments in EMB145/140 on Eagle. I choose them in preference to the M80 F seats, as long as I can get 3A or 4A, which I usually do. The EMB are quieter and smoother than the M80 and the seats are more comfortable too.

The CRJ, on the other hand, is horrible in my book.

I have zero experience with the new F on EMB but my suspicion is that they'll be nice. I hope the CRJ ones will be no, but I would not care to try them anyway.

I have flown the EMB190 in F on a non-US carrier which was luxurious and very comfortable. I have my doubts the AA ones will be any match.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: EXP AA.
Originally Posted by tegelad
the ERJ's seats are better then the CRJ seats .... those CRJ seats when wearing a winter coat, can be quite a "snug" experience in row 1 .... and god forbid you have two guys with broad shoulders on those flights ....

+-ADT
I fly Eagle from DFW to LBB a lot, and it's CR7's Em145s and ATR72s, and I dont find the seats a prob, I'm usually in Exit Rows, the only ones I don't like at the ATR72, because those baby's are SLOW!!

Cheers Larry.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Have a look at www.seatguru.com and www.seatexpert.com - they has diagrams and dimensions for the ERJ "jungle jets" and the CRJ Bombardiers as well.

Originally Posted by qkslvr
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I like flying Eagle and EMB A seats are 90% of the reason why. Get a seat way in the back, board, sit down, and wake up 90 minutes later at your destination. That's not a bad morning's flying.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat; CO Gold; AS MVPG; SPG Gold; PC Gold AMB
Smile

+1

I like A seats on EMB too.

Originally Posted by Szar
I like flying Eagle and EMB A seats are 90% of the reason why. Get a seat way in the back, board, sit down, and wake up 90 minutes later at your destination. That's not a bad morning's flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.