Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For current AA travel alerts and rebooking policies, see: http://www.aa.com/stormpolicy

For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

As well, one can use the KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information. This tool also has access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

For current and forecasted weather delays, check out: Weather.com Airport Delays

To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, try FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)

Last edited by dstan; Jan 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm Reason: storm policy
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:47 am

AA 292 ORD-DEL diverted to BOS due to ill pax on board

AA 292 ORD -> DEL
I am on board now using free google wifi on the plane.
No words from the captain yet.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 19, 2010 at 4:58 pm Reason: restore original post title
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:58 am

You are sked to depart at 0330.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:22 am

It is 3:22 now and still no words when we are leaving.
where do you get the 0330 time?

Originally Posted by skylady
You are sked to depart at 0330.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: DL SM, 9W Silver, UA, HHonors
Love this! With all the heightened security and the OP is sending out up-to-the-minute sick pax updates from the inflight internet. Are your magazines stowed in the overhead bins?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skierpony
Love this! With all the heightened security and the OP is sending out up-to-the-minute sick pax updates from the inflight internet. Are your magazines stowed in the overhead bins?
I think the OP is using the airport Internet, not inflight Internet. (The AA DEL flights are operated by 777s which AA has not equipped with wifi.)
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:50 am

we are parking in BOS and I am using the free airport WIFI (thanks to google) on the 777.
It looks like they are not continuing to DEL and will go back to ORD instead.
Anyone can speculate a reason?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:56 am

Looks like sked back to ORD is 0430, with a new DEL departure at 0800. Seems the crew may have timed out.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:07 am

is crew the reason we have to go back to ORD?
I wonder why can't we have crew from BOS?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
<redacted>

Originally Posted by grantguo
is crew the reason we have to go back to ORD?
I wonder why can't we have crew from BOS?
You're not gonna find a spare 777 crew hanging around BOS at 300p, let alone at 300a!

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 8, 2010 at 5:16 pm Reason: ad hominem
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by skylady
Looks like sked back to ORD is 0430, with a new DEL departure at 0800. Seems the crew may have timed out.
The passengers in Boston have been told they will be going out at something like 6 or 6:30 p.m. The crew is getting the rest required to be able to fly onward, presumably to Delhi but who knows. The passengers were fortunately not required to clear immigration and customs on arrival in Boston.

AA has accommodated a bunch of passengers at the Hyatt hotel closest to the airport but cannot get all the rooms they wanted at the Hyatt Harborside hotel. AA apparently wants 100 more rooms at the same place, but not possible there and so now the remaining passengers are going to be distributed to other hotels in the area.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This is still a pretty busy time of the year for travel to/from Delhi and planes are full or very close to full for travel between India and Europe and between India and the US. Given a greater than 12 hour displacement of the equipment and pretty full flights into this weekend, probably some more inconvenience is on the horizon but of course nothing like the awful situation for the sick passenger with a suspected burst bladder issue or something like that.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:46 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by skierpony

Laughing my head off re: are your magaozines stored in the overhead bins....

Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
There was some delays last week as well on this route. I ll be doing this in a few weeks. It's long enough without delays or canceled flights. AA showing canceled on both 292 (1/08) and 293 (1/09)
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by chanp
There was some delays last week as well on this route. I ll be doing this in a few weeks. It's long enough without delays or canceled flights. AA showing canceled on both 292 (1/08) and 293 (1/09)
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.