Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AA miles on CX/QF

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Using AA miles on CX/QF

Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I'm trying to use AA miles on CX/QF from HKG-SYD. Only economy award is available for travel in late Dec. What are my chances of getting business award seats between now and then? Do CX or QF release more biz seats as travel dates get closer?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:27 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by canadianidol
Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I'm trying to use AA miles on CX/QF from HKG-SYD. Only economy award is available for travel in late Dec.
What are my chances of getting business award seats between now and then?
Unknown
Do CX or QF release more biz seats as travel dates get closer?
Yes, sometimes
I'd also suggest trying a search with the terms {CX Award}. I did that and found a number of threads with people asking the same, or similar,questions, and there are a number of responses there that may be helpful.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They might or might not - usually airlines allocate some seats when they open bookings (e.g. 330 days out or whatever it is) and then, depending on their revenue management scheme and bookings, they might allocate more as the flight date approaches. Checking regularly is useful.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:58 pm
Suspended

By my observation CX appears to release additional inventory about 90 days and again about 30 days out however your mention of "late Dec" meaning
around Xmas/New Years is not a travel period one can be particluarly optimistic about.

Sign up for Asiamiles.com (you will be able to see Dec inventory at this time) and keep checking periodically for something to open up.

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.