Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Accidently cancelled wrong award flight online anything I can do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

I had many award routes on hold and had ticketed the one I WANTED. I accidently cancelled the ticketed award. Paid for just minutes before. I wanted to free up the other seats for others. I immediatly called AA to see if I could fix it as it was within minutes. The agent told me the ticket was cancelled and that was it. No miles would be taken from my account the seats were gone.
Is there anything I can do to undo my mistake besides rebook the tickets?
Do the award seats come back into inverntory if the ticket was cancelled? If they do how long should I expect to wait. It's been 2 days. No award seats on that flight as of now.
Is the agent correct that because it was cancelled in such a short time that no miles will be taken from my account?:

Thank you for your help I did a search but didn't find anyone careless as I was.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:06 pm

I would call again - and again (if required).
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by marksec
I would call again - and again (if required).
Really the only thing you can do. What the agent told you is correct. You're going to have to find someone sympathetic to "make something happen." But the canceled itinerary is, at the moment, gone.

In answer to one of your questions- released aware inventory may, or may not, go back into award inventory. I wouldn't count specifically on that. Good luck.

Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. At least I know. It was my carelessness. Lesson learned.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Call AA Web services and see what they can do, especially since you did cancel online. They've always been fabulous for me.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by zipadee
Call AA Web services and see what they can do, especially since you did cancel online. They've always been fabulous for me.
+1. I've also had good experiences with AA Web Services when the wrong flight was cancelled (cancellation of wrong flight was due to an old website glitch in my case).

It may be too late now for OP, but a future advice to anyone -- if you make an error online, call AA Web Services first (not AA Customer Service).
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SocietyFlyGirl
+1. I've also had good experiences with AA Web Services when the wrong flight was cancelled (cancellation of wrong flight was due to an old website glitch in my case).

It may be too late now for OP, but a future advice to anyone -- if you make an error online, call AA Web Services first (not AA Customer Service).
Yes, this is what I should have done. I called AA customer service the agent wasn't very helpful. Good advice if anyone should need it in the future. AA Web services was extremely nice. They said the seats weren't showing up there was nothing they could do. My miles weren't taken. I will watch for seats on Expert Flyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.