Wiki Posts
Search

Net sAAvers standby w/Connections?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Net sAAvers standby w/Connections?

I frequently fly on Net sAAvers between LGA and ORD. I need a few extra segments to qualify for a few more standby upgrade stickers. Yes, I could just buy them but that would take the fun out of it. Why go non-stop when I can visit a new airport? I am considering booking a Net sAAver fare and standing by for some kind of connection via Detroit or St. Louis.

I called AA and the agent said that these fares are usually booked in Q and that internally, there are 3 different Q fares, one of which permits the passenger to stand-by. The other 2 Q fares do not permit this. Agent said that there is no way for me to see which Q fare I am booking.

I am also assuming at either LGA or ORD, the agents probably won't care which Q fare I am on and will permit me to fly standby on a connection if there is space.

Any advice?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by uncle wiggily
Agent said that there is no way for me to see which Q fare I am booking.
I'm only addressing the point I quoted above -- AA should be able to give you more details about the fare rules once you've held the reservation and called back in.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:46 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cornellalum
I'm only addressing the point I quoted above -- AA should be able to give you more details about the fare rules once you've held the reservation and called back in.
You can also see the full fare basis (beyond the Q) and all the fare rules on AA.com prior to booking. Things like standby and coterminal details are in those rules. Anything not disclosed there can't be used as a "hidden" rule. With that said, many of the lower fares have limited standby options, IME.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.