Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Difference between Alaska flight and Alaska operated AA codeshare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difference between Alaska flight and Alaska operated AA codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
According to numerous posts by AS staff in the AS forum, no, you're not supposed to do this- you must credit flights to AS if you wish to use your AS elite benefits. In practice, it may not be caught (AS forum posters have said they have successfully done this).

EWR-SEA is one of the hardest complimentary upgrades in the entire AS system (as a transcon to NYC, lots of people just shell out the $ for F, thus the required "U" fare class isn't available for advance bookings, and F often sells out before anyone gets a free upgrade), meaning that you may blow your one lifetime status match for an upgrade that doesn't happen anyway. Unless you're flying AS more than just the round-trip, you might want to be careful with this.
I do fly a number of Alaska flights, so if I could get the benefits I would status match. Seems, from what you say, that it is not acceptable to use Alaska status and credit AA EQMs so I will not get the status match. Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OAK AAFlier
Is the $75 fare change fee still charged if purchased through aa.com?
AA is an agent for AS. If you're booking an AS-coded domestic flight then an AS fare will be applied and with it its own rules. Since AA.com shows fare rules that apply to the ticket, you should be able to read them before purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.