Wiki Posts
Search

FYI, AA.com is down again Halloween 2009

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

FYI, AA.com is down again Halloween 2009

Site Outage

AA.com is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience. Please refer to the following information for assistance:
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Hopefully this maintenance will stop the site from being slower than a dialup connection once a day
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by dbart
Site Outage

AA.com is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience. Please refer to the following information for assistance:
Dbl EQMs posted for me.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is it really necessary to have a separate thread on FT every time AA.com has scheduled maintenance? This "down" period has been posted on AA.com for a day in advance.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP+2MM & WN CP
Originally Posted by dbart
Site Outage

Thank you for the update and glad that you posted! It saved me a call to AAdvantage customer service!

^
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by san2yul
Thank you for the update and glad that you posted! It saved me a call to AAdvantage customer service!

^
Seems to be working now, at least for me. But I'm curious--how did the OP, which was a cut and paste anyone going to the website would have seen, save you a call to AAdvantage customer service?

Originally Posted by gemac
Is it really necessary to have a separate thread on FT every time AA.com has scheduled maintenance?
IMO, no.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by videomaker
Seems to be working now, at least for me. But I'm curious--how did the OP, which was a cut and paste anyone going to the website would have seen, save you a call to AAdvantage customer service?

He was going to call customer service to tell them it was down

mike
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:59 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
Is it really necessary to have a separate thread on FT every time AA.com has scheduled maintenance? This "down" period has been posted on AA.com for a day in advance.
No, but it will happen anyway.

Look at how many people on the DBLEQ thread posted the dates of which flights posted and which didn't long after the date range was established by earlier posters. It's just par for the course.

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Being down around midnight Dallas time on the last day of the month is not really unexpected. Being down a week or two before the end of the month would be unpected, which is why I posted one of these a week or 2 ago, when the site was down at a much earlier hour and well before the end of the month. I wouldn't create at thread on the last day of the month at midnight Central Time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.