Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5% or 10% off coupon and DEQM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

5% or 10% off coupon and DEQM

I was wondering if there is a chance buying a ticket on AA.com with the AA soccer 10%off coupon or Entertainment Book 5%off coupon would mess up the DEQM promotion. Just curious. Sometimes these promotions aren't compatible.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by spacelucky
I was wondering if there is a chance buying a ticket on AA.com with the AA soccer 10%off coupon or Entertainment Book 5%off coupon would mess up the DEQM promotion. Just curious. Sometimes these promotions aren't compatible.
Using a % off coupon will have no effect on mileage earned via promotion.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by spacelucky
It shouldn't, however, I found you CAN NOT use the 10% off soccer for multi-city itineraries. Just O/W or R/T. Frustrating.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by awpeters
It shouldn't, however, I found you CAN NOT use the 10% off soccer for multi-city itineraries. Just O/W or R/T. Frustrating.
Nothing new there. This is the normal restriction for such codes.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I tried using my soccer code on two separate simple RTs in the past week and got a "not valid" message. Anyone else have this problem?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:53 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
I tried using my soccer code on two separate simple RTs in the past week and got a "not valid" message. Anyone else have this problem?
Nope. Just used mine with no problem whatsoever. Are you sure your dates comply, and these are all AA codes on AA metal?

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brp
Nope. Just used mine with no problem whatsoever. Are you sure your dates comply, and these are all AA codes on AA metal?
Duh... works a lot better when I use the code instead of the password.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, 1MM
Caution:Use Your Coupon Carefully

Just Booked a RT on aa.com using the 10% Soccer coupon and made a mistake in return date. Called PLAT line immediately and a typically nice agent made the 1 day change to correct my error, but despite no fare difference, was unable to re-apply the code. She connected me to web-services who told me that Codes are stricly One-time use and cannot be carried over through any change. (I also learned you cannot use a code in any booking involving a website "Hold") Luckily, my mistake only cost me about $30.

Moral to the story - if you have a promocode, be extra careful when making an online booking.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by twofly19
Just Booked a RT on aa.com using the 10% Soccer coupon and made a mistake in return date. Called PLAT line immediately and a typically nice agent made the 1 day change to correct my error, but despite no fare difference, was unable to re-apply the code. She connected me to web-services who told me that Codes are stricly One-time use and cannot be carried over through any change. (I also learned you cannot use a code in any booking involving a website "Hold") Luckily, my mistake only cost me about $30.

Moral to the story - if you have a promocode, be extra careful when making an online booking.
I would write customer relations on that and at least ask for a voucher. That's stupid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.