Search

Bose: New 150 miles for watching video

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock
6-8 WEEKS???

Do you think if I call AA and ask them to credit those miles today they will?

I'm joking people!
i doubt AA will. As far as AA is concerned, all the "Bose" miles have been purchased by Bose and AA has made their money. Whatever Bose wants to do is up to Bose. If Bose wants to give the whole stockpile to me, AA couldn't care less. You'll have to call Bose about the miles.

AA's system of awarding lifetime status on all miles is kinda neat. After all, even if I earn it all by buying up all the healthy choice pudding cups at my local grocery stores, doesn't make a difference to AA if the promo was botched. AA's been paid for those miles and it is on healthy choice to give them out as they see fit. Of course, healthy choice wasn't very smart about it and managed to give 1.25 million away to some math professor for just $3000 worth of pudding. Heck, if healthy choice decided to just throw all the miles away and not give them to anyone, what does AA have to care? AA's counting all the money they made from the mileage sale.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United 1K, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, Marriott Gold
THank you OP! I've stopped flying AA for a while but still have a lot of miles that I'd like to keep alive.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Gamecock
6-8 WEEKS???

Do you think if I call AA and ask them to credit those miles today they will?

I'm joking people!
The 150 miles have posted to AAcounts in significantly less than 6-8 days after the survey -- I saw a bunch of accounts get credited with the promo miles within 2 days of doing the survey. No need to call AA at all, nor any need to wait 6-8 weeks when AA/Bose are posting the miles within 48 hours in many cases.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bniu
BTW, my miles posted to my account within the next 3 days (could've been shorter, I only checked my account three days later). Last year, it took a while, this year, things seem to be rather quick.
You seem to have a common misconception that there is such a thing as "speed' of miles transfer between partners.

What there actually is, instead, is an invertal of miles transfer.

And since everyone seems to have gotten miles at the same time, it could have been a monthly transfer (that just happened to occur a couple days ago) for all you know!

And last year you might have just missed a monthly transfer. And yet if that's what happened, the "speed" wouldn't have changed between this year and last, only the timing of your watching the video relative to the pre-scheduled transfer.

I have no idea what Bose's transfer schedule was last year, nor what it is this year. However, I'm well famliar with FTers contantly asking questions about transfer from hotels, dining programs, etc, to vaious airlines, thinking in all those cases that there's a "speed" involved, when acutally there's nothing but a "frequency" (and timing) involved, and how "fast" you get the miles depends totally on when you do that partner activity. (Having siad, it matters less when you did it if the partner transfers once a week rather than once a month.)
Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:36 pm
Original Member

Miles have already posted.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
now who is wishing for the QC16s (presumed name for update to QC3)? I tried the QC15s out the other day and they are really really nice. Too bad since I just replaced my old QC2 set with another QC2 in May, so I can't really justify blowing another $300 and I still have my QC3 set around.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by sggolf
Miles have already posted.
Wow....mine too. That was fast.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
My husband, daughter and I went to Bose y'day and did the demo, sat in the theatre to watch the video and they presented us with one voucher. I asked for two more as there are 3 of us. They asked for proof of 3 frequent flyer numbers. Thankfully I had my daughter and my plat cards and my husband presented his AA credit card. The man came back after the show and gave us 2 more vouchers.
Why is Bose so stingy with the vouchers? Last time there was a promo my daughter and I went in and they refused to give one to her. When I got home I rang the AA number and complained and my daughter was promptly issued the miles.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
My husband, daughter and I went to Bose y'day and did the demo, sat in the theatre to watch the video and they presented us with one voucher. I asked for two more as there are 3 of us. They asked for proof of 3 frequent flyer numbers. Thankfully I had my daughter and my plat cards and my husband presented his AA credit card. The man came back after the show and gave us 2 more vouchers.
Why is Bose so stingy with the vouchers? Last time there was a promo my daughter and I went in and they refused to give one to her. When I got home I rang the AA number and complained and my daughter was promptly issued the miles.
Is your daughter an adult? I don't see an age restriction in the T&C...
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:54 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Definitely very strange. Nowhere in the T&C does it imply that only one voucher is given per "demo" nor does it state that each person must have an AAdvantage account. In fact, within the T&C, it even gives you instructions should you not be an AAdvantage member:

Persons who participate in a demonstration or purchase will receive a voucher for American Airlines AAdvantage® miles. If you do not have an AAdvantage® account, visit www.aa.com/enroll to become a member and receive your AAdvantage® account number. Persons who participate in a demonstration or purchase the product must follow the instructions on the face of the voucher for redemption instructions.
(bolding is mine)

My parents went to the store a few days ago and were handed two vouchers after their demo, no questions asked.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by JY1024
Definitely very strange. Nowhere in the T&C does it imply that only one voucher is given per "demo" nor does it state that each person must have an AAdvantage account. In fact, within the T&C, it even gives you instructions should you not be an AAdvantage member:

(bolding is mine)

My parents went to the store a few days ago and were handed two vouchers after their demo, no questions asked.
I was in Boca Raton, the town where people think they own the world. sigh....

my daughter is not an adult btw
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:36 am

That's really strange!

Over the weeekend, my partner and I went to a Bose store and did the demo. First, the salesguy gave me a voucher and I asked if my partner could have one too. No questions asked, he gave my partner a voucher too.

Btw, both the 150 and 350 miles have posted.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
That's really strange!

Over the weeekend, my partner and I went to a Bose store and did the demo. First, the salesguy gave me a voucher and I asked if my partner could have one too. No questions asked, he gave my partner a voucher too.

Btw, both the 150 and 350 miles have posted.
Boca I tell you, Boca...
Yea, my miles posted too. Yea!!!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Platinum
The Bose Store in NYC (SOHO) does not have the certificates. They are taking your name and AAdvantage number and sending it to their Corporate Offices. Hopefully the miles will post.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I also went to the store at Boca Raton/Town Ctr. I watched the video and they said that since someone else was in the theatre, I can just have the voucher without doing the whole thing. I watched the online video about a week ago and took the in-store demo over the weekend (I think on Sunday)..checked yesterday, and the 500 miles (150 and 350) posted already, much faster than expected!

The only reason I can think of Bose being somewhat stingy is because they probably pay AA (wholesale/marketing rate) for the miles awarded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.