FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Bose: New 150 miles for watching video (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1000488-bose-new-150-miles-watching-video.html)

erick3000 Oct 2, 2009 5:37 am

I got my miles also... JUST WONDERIN but I wish to have my DBLEQ miles.... As fast as the ones on this promo will be awesome. As soon as i get it im going to be EXP...

multicamp Oct 2, 2009 6:36 am

Originally Posted by jabrams72 (Post 12480089)
+1 (well, actually plus 3, since they posted for the whole family)

+1 for both me and girlfriend

rob_flies_ua Oct 2, 2009 6:47 am

Originally Posted by multicamp (Post 12481058)
+1 for both me and girlfriend

+1 for me, including the 350 from the in-store demo.

pkerr Oct 2, 2009 7:31 am

Wow... 2 days for the miles to post! That's about the fastest I've ever had anything show up. Even the Netflix promo.

JY1024 Oct 2, 2009 8:22 am

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 12481600)
Wow... 2 days for the miles to post! That's about the fastest I've ever had anything show up. Even the Netflix promo.

Holy cow - you're right! :eek: Last time, it definitely took 6-8 weeks post-promo to post. Looks like AAdvantage computer systems are on the ball this week! ^:)

(Though mine says "AADVANTAGE --BOSE 2008 FALL VIDEO"...close enough, right? :p)

dstan Oct 2, 2009 11:43 am

Nice! ^ Funny about the "2008" in the posting!

vitacura Oct 2, 2009 2:32 pm

Got mine, man that was fast!

brp Oct 2, 2009 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by erick3000 (Post 12480641)
I got my miles also... JUST WONDERIN but I wish to have my DBLEQ miles.... As fast as the ones on this promo will be awesome.

These are done by two different companies so there's no reason to believe that the posting times would be even remotely related. In fact, I can assure you that they won't even be close.

Cheers.

erick3000 Oct 2, 2009 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 12488516)
These are done by two different companies so there's no reason to believe that the posting times would be even remotely related. In fact, I can assure you that they won't even be close.

Cheers.

BPR, Yes I know but look, I have now 92,700 EQM and I have 12,770 EQM to post and you dont know the fever that I have to be EXP for first time and most because I have a flight on Nov 1 to HKG via NRT and if I get my miles I can use the flagship lounge at JFK, also on NRT and HKG and also can use some system wide upgrade... My flight were on Sep 14-20 and I will post on the board as soon as I cross the 100,000 mark.

whakojacko Oct 2, 2009 5:30 pm

the 150 is posted! ^
More importantly to me, my miles now expire in Mar 2011 ^^

nsr Oct 2, 2009 7:20 pm

It looks like the Bose promos are becoming the best option to defer the date of expiring miles. They come every year and they post quickly enough. Thanks OP. ^

skye1 Oct 3, 2009 3:15 am

Easy miles. Thanks, OP!!!

sdsearch Oct 3, 2009 5:08 pm

From the confirmation page (among other places):

"Offer of 150 miles with online video view valid 9/30/09 through 10/14/09 while supplies last. "

WHile supplies of what last??? The video has limited number of viewing before it self-destructs? Or Bose only bought a limited number of miles, and if too many people watch the video they won't have enough miles for all of them?

:confused:

+1 Etymotic ER-6

Since the above is what I pack (and in my carryon "personal item" backpack which includes SLR with lots of lenses, plus a laptop, I don't have room for anything Bose sized!), and since I'm too lazy to drive to a dealer just for 350 more miles, I'll presumably only experience these if AA switches to them for int'l business class. Anyone want to guess a schedule for that?

bniu Oct 4, 2009 8:55 am

Originally Posted by gabrielbf (Post 12464722)
Thanks for posting!
Easy 18-months additional shelf-life for my not-so-frequent flyers parents' miles...

ditto, one of the easiest ways to keep miles from expiring. I was lucky to reinstate my mom's miles for free thanks to a friendly phone agent who pulled some strings to qualify her reinstatement challenge retroactively. BTW, my miles posted to my account within the next 3 days (could've been shorter, I only checked my account three days later). Last year, it took a while, this year, things seem to be rather quick.

bniu Oct 4, 2009 8:58 am

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 12482396)
Holy cow - you're right! :eek: Last time, it definitely took 6-8 weeks post-promo to post. Looks like AAdvantage computer systems are on the ball this week! ^:)

(Though mine says "AADVANTAGE --BOSE 2008 FALL VIDEO"...close enough, right? :p)

lately, it seems AA's really good at having miles post quickly. Most of my opinion place miles post within a few days as well. I love how I am .015% closer to lifetime gold status! :p and .0075% closer to lifetime plat!