FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Bose: New 150 miles for watching video (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1000488-bose-new-150-miles-watching-video.html)

chanp Sep 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Thanks!

noneemac Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn (Post 12463386)
Or you can just use this link to the post-video form:

https://www.aa4miles.com/miles4bose/postvideo.jsp

No need to watch the video. The answer, as noted above, is "all of the above".

Big ^^ for the link. I had the same probs that so many others have had today. I'm sure it's server-traffic-related. 'preciate it!

Originally Posted by daeus (Post 12462996)
^ .015% closer to MM status

ROFL!:D

bj2757 Sep 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks OP - still working.

noneemac Sep 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 12463344)
Free 150 miles? Sure! Thanks! (I'm not likely at all to give up my Etymotic noise reducing earbuds - I can side sleep with them and they work on all sound, not just continuous noise.)

Thanks, JDiver, for the heads-up about Etymotic. Hadn't heard of them before. Am researching now. ^

Gracias!

itchief Sep 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by noneemac (Post 12465196)
Thanks, JDiver, for the heads-up about Etymotic. Hadn't heard of them before. Am researching now. ^

Gracias!

If you have already bought your new QC15's call Bose, they are giving me the 1500 miles.

itchief Sep 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 12463344)
Free 150 miles? Sure! Thanks! (I'm not likely at all to give up my Etymotic noise reducing earbuds - I can side sleep with them and they work on all sound, not just continuous noise.)

Jdiver, just a correction, Etymotic are "noise isolation" not noise reducing earbuds.

videomaker Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by itchief (Post 12465903)
Jdiver, just a correction, Etymotic are "noise isolation" not noise reducing earbuds.

Correcting your correction--that is actually passive noise reduction.

whakojacko Sep 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by videomaker (Post 12465938)
Correcting your correction--that is actually passive noise reduction.

I have the ER6s and I like them a lot for travel due to their tiny size. I dont think they do as good of a job as the high quality noise canceling headphones, but still quite good. The 2 concerns you might worry about are:
1. you really have to stick the thing pretty far in your ear (since it blocks other sound). Not too weird after you get used to it, but definitely unusual at first.
2. The build quality isnt all the great. Sometimes my right one stops working and I have to adjust it around before it works again)

Overall though, im pretty happy with mine, especially for the price I paid

As per the main thread: thanks for posting this! Easy 150 miles never hurts

videomaker Sep 30, 2009 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by whakojacko (Post 12465986)
I have the ER6s and I like them a lot for travel due to their tiny size. I dont think they do as good of a job as the high quality noise canceling headphones, but still quite good.

And those looking for really good sound might want to check out my favorite, the Shure SE530PTH earbuds. There are some threads about this and other options in the Travel Technology forum.

Didn't want to stray too OT here so will just say, thanks in advance, Bose, for the miles!

briank1973 Sep 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Awesome. Since this is a "mileage transaction", I assume it will extend my expiration date by another 18 months. I haven't earned an AA mile in a long while.

Video was pretty cool too.

aktchi Sep 30, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks for the link. ^ Too bad that one can do this only once. :)

mvoight Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by briank1973 (Post 12466215)
Awesome. Since this is a "mileage transaction", I assume it will extend my expiration date by another 18 months. I haven't earned an AA mile in a long while.

Video was pretty cool too.

The video wasn't bad, and I think people should watch it to claim the miles.

Gamecock Oct 1, 2009 12:13 am

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 12463806)
Thanks - a quick way to get 150 miles. :)

^

It was easier than the 125 miles I got flying from LUX-LGW last Friday!

kebosabi Oct 1, 2009 1:31 am

Originally Posted by videomaker (Post 12466013)
And those looking for really good sound might want to check out my favorite, the Shure SE530PTH earbuds

Actually that's the one that I use! :D

But I have to admit, I did buy a QC2 just for the miles :)

jrockway Oct 1, 2009 3:22 am

Originally Posted by whakojacko (Post 12465986)
I dont think they do as good of a job as the high quality noise canceling headphones, but still quite good.

Not quite correct. The ER4S have 42dB of noise reduction at all frequencies. Googling suggests that good active noise cancellation systems do around 15dB at their best frequencies.

Noise-canceling technology is mostly a marketing thing; you can get much better sound quality for the same amount of money.