Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DUB / Dublin Contract & EI Lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 3:38 am
Original Poster

We were just turned away from the BA contract Anna Livia lounge after showing PLT card and a BA coach ticket. In as much as the BA sign at the entrance has a One World logo it seems that it should be BA's responsibility to see that if they are sub contracting there lounge obligation they include the same access rules as the owned and operated Terraces. When I inquired about this the BA CSR was, of course, rude and unhelpful.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Plat
Did BA close their own lounge in DUB?

BA used to have their own lounge - past duty free and above the pub out by their gates - I see that is no longer the case
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_gb

Too bad - it was a bit difficult to find and far from the AA gates, but very nice view of the tarmac and lovely lounge ladies (as opposed to the Dragons at some other stations ).

I wonder what they are doing with that space.

Originally Posted by Umbrella
We were just turned away from the BA contract Anna Livia lounge after showing PLT card and a BA coach ticket. In as much as the BA sign at the entrance has a One World logo it seems that it should be BA's responsibility to see that if they are sub contracting there lounge obligation they include the same access rules as the owned and operated Terraces. When I inquired about this the BA CSR was, of course, rude and unhelpful.

Last edited by amsNYC; Aug 24, 2008 at 10:36 am
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:31 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Whether or not they have the OW logo, the are not obligated (per OW rules) to provide access at contracted lounges. That said, there's still no excuse for rudeness.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
It's true, though. We came home Wednesday - no pre-clear on DUB/ORD. Also, please note that the EI lounge is in B and we left from C. It's not far, but you have to allow a little time.
At EI's lounge: "free" Guinness, Baileys, etc. Worth the walk
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Ah, but as you said, the Anna Livia lounge is a contract lounge, not a BA lounge. I fear you were ineligible, inexcusable rudeness notwithstanding.

"The oneworld Lounge Access Policy

Lounge access is provided on a complimentary basis for designated premium passengers or for top tier frequent flyers with limited exceptions.

The oneworld alliance provides more than 500 lounges across the globe. Lounges are owned and operated by one of the oneworld partners. Some of the lounges may be operated by a third-party (non-oneworld affiliated)."

Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
When I inquired about this the BA CSR was, of course, rude and unhelpful.
All part of the world famous and patented Britair "Customer Service"!

In cases like this it pays to ask nicely at checkin.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by skye1
At EI's lounge: "free" Guinness, Baileys, etc. Worth the walk
It was Orange Baileys this past Saturday Morning - quite different but good, nonetheless!

Swimmin' M
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Whether or not they have the OW logo, the are not obligated (per OW rules) to provide access at contracted lounges. That said, there's still no excuse for rudeness.

Cheers.
Some people consider being told no to be a sign of rudeness.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:50 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
any recent experience with the DUB lounge, seem s like we still get some sorta mileage credit before nov 1st i believe. can we still get in to the lounge?
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by chanp
any recent experience with the DUB lounge, seem s like we still get some sorta mileage credit before nov 1st i believe. can we still get in to the lounge?
Under what circumstance? Since EI is no longer part of oneworld, OW status won't get you in. Unless you're flying in a premium cabin on EI, I don't think you'll be able to access the lounge.

EDITED TO ADD
From Aer Lingus page:
If you are not travelling in Premier Class and wish to access any of our lounges, you must present either a valid lounge access card (a Gold Circle Club card or Bank of Ireland Gold Visa Business card), or a lounge invitation issued at check-in; along with your Aer Lingus boarding card.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: Various
According to this sign, you can still access it, but not sure if that will change after the OW agreement ends on Nov 1.

EI Lounge Access Policy

This info was taken from a thread started last year about EI lounge access. I'm going to DUB at the end of Sept, and I'll report back any findings.

Reference link Here:

DUB Lounge Options For AA Pax
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by Robt760
According to this sign, you can still access it, but not sure if that will change after the OW agreement ends on Nov 1.

EI Lounge Access Policy

This info was taken from a thread started last year about EI lounge access. I'm going to DUB at the end of Sept, and I'll report back any findings.

Reference link Here:

DUB Lounge Options For AA Pax
Robt760 - EI has already left oneworld. The November 1 date references when EI will no longer be an AAdvantage partner at all:
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?.../aerLingus.jsp
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
well it doesnt looked good. ill be in business to london, but i stay two nights there before heading to dub, then from dub on aer lingus to bcn in economy. ill give it try and let u all know
Old Sep 7, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Have done this route a few times in the last few months:
ONLY allowed into the EI Lounges in LHR and in DUB was for a ticket to/from Dublin in Business Class on AA. ("F" doesn't apply to/from DUB, as IIRC, AA only has two-class 767's on that route).

The Aer Lingus lounge in DUB: a bit of a walk from AA's gates. Think of it as a sort of run-down AAdmirals Club with drab/faded hunter-green carpet & free Guiness/Baileys. Some would say the free guiness is worth the walk (and yep, you're in Ireland, it's Guiness, it's free) BUT, if one has the time, the liquor store below the lounge has plenty of options worth shopping thru, including the Jameison Fudge (....best..snack..ever).

The Aer Lingus Lounge in LHR: Right across the small hallway from the EI gates (as in, open the door to the lounge & walk a few feet to board). As you walk down the concourse toward this lounge & these gates, you do pass a couple of decent coffee shops/stands (with decent prices, as decent as an airport can get). In the morning, (assuming you're taking the morning flight LHR-DUB on EI to connect w/ AA ex-DUB), the snack offerings are slightly better than those of the lounge in DUB, so if you've got lounge access to both, this is where you're slightly better snack options are. LHR had Nutrigrain bars, Oatmeal Bars, Yogurt, Muffins, Rolls, Walker's Chocolate Chip Cookies, Walkers Ginger Cookies, and various cheese/cracker combos, in addition to the open bar & coffee machines. DUB was a more scant bar with fewer selections and just cheese/crackers.

Niether has showers. EI's flights LHR-DUB are economy-only. The mid-plane exit rows have TONS of legroom, due to the mid-cabin exit doors.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
I unfortunatley had to fly Ryanair from Cork last week and used my priority pass for the lounge, there is only one in Cork. I did notice an admission sign at the reception area and it listed AA Plat and EXP travelling with Aer Lingus. This lounge is new so it can;t be an old sign. I thought it was strange but never questioned it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.