Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Everything' about the merger!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:10 pm

Thumbs down Inequality for segment fliers?

OK, let me get this straight:
(these conclusions are based upon the OP's link)

For former FF'ers, one must now fly 120 segements between now and the end of the year to make 2006 CP.

However, if you're a DM'er, the old 100-segment benchmark applies until 1/1/2006?

and
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:46 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
From the USAirways Club website:

>All locations feature the following:
>Personalized assistance with reservations, flight changes, and upgrades >from dedicated US Airwasy Club representatives

Looks like US hired the HP web designers.

And when did Sky Harbor become Phoenix International?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Angry

Originally Posted by skinkeroo
OK, let me get this straight:
(these conclusions are based upon the OP's link)

For former FF'ers, one must now fly 120 segements between now and the end of the year to make 2006 CP.

However, if you're a DM'er, the old 100-segment benchmark applies until 1/1/2006?

and

I would love to know what the Trial Elite is... I guess it is this

Fly 90 segments this year on America West.. get trial elite through Feb 28. 2006

Fly 100 segments as Dividend Miles member get Chairman's Prefered through Feb 28, 2007

Fly 120 segments as America West FF and get Chairman's Preferred through Feb 28, 2007

Yes.. unfair it is.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

So this is for US Dividend Miles members flying to what are currently HP-only destinations. I wonder if an HP e-mail to Flight Fund members will make a similar offer for FF members flying to currently US-only destinations. Let's hope.
I just received an email from HP that offers the same thing, just in reverse. You have to sign up for the promo.

So, any good cities US flies to that HP didn't that will also help me to get a whole bunch of EQM so that I can be a CP next year?

Jennifer
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where is the beef?

I am based in PHX and travel only to HP's current cities. Other than being able to redeem miles on US (and eventually *A), I don't see much benefit for peopple in my shoes with this merger. In fact, I am very unhappy about losing the 15,000 award. I understand they can't keep this for east coast higher fare markets. I would have thought they would have given a longer grace period or grand-fathered the miles in FF for these awards.

Is it me? I don't think the merger has brought in as many good things for people as they advertised.

Last edited by username; Sep 27, 2005 at 2:06 am
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:34 am
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
For me, the HP 15,000 award was one of the benefits... back to AA for me.. they still have a "short hop" 15,000 mile award (for a limited time)..
Old Sep 27, 2005, 4:29 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
So this is for US Dividend Miles members flying to what are currently HP-only destinations. I wonder if an HP e-mail to Flight Fund members will make a similar offer for FF members flying to currently US-only destinations. Let's hope.
I got the one from HP with the same deal when flying US Airways to destinations that are not served by HP

Lance
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, BD Blue+
Originally Posted by andrewp
It's up to US to decide the numbers, but if history carries over then it's probably going to be 30K each way. I don't remember if US ever offered a mileage discount for buying a full fare ticket. UA does (15K each way for Y/B fares) and it's one of the best bargains out there.
Currently it's 10k each way on Y/B fares, otherwise 30k.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:02 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by andrewp
It's up to US to decide the numbers, but if history carries over then it's probably going to be 30K each way. I don't remember if US ever offered a mileage discount for buying a full fare ticket. UA does (15K each way for Y/B fares) and it's one of the best bargains out there.

US requires 10,000 miles each way for Y/B fares to Europe.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Hey, why didn't I get the e-mail with the US Air promo? I am a Plat and have been for many years! So far I do not see it on the website. If somebody could send me the link or e-mail, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: DL DM MM, MH Gold, SPG Platinum
It also seems that you now have to cancel your reservation in advance unlike before. One of the things that I really liked about America West is that you didn't have to worry about canceling your tickets before the flight. This is very disappointing to me. Now, I will be clear and say that I haven't used this policy in several months so it could have already changed a while ago so I would have just been frustrated anyway the next time I noticed it.

Am I correct or had this already changed?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Are there any plats that have flights scheduled 7 days from now? I'd like to see if they've "tweaked" their auto upgrade software to start at 7 days out vs. 3 days for Plats/CP's.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:54 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Got an email from US Airways with a many of these details and a link to the new transition site.

There was also this interesting little bonus opportunity:
Earn up to 15,000 Bonus Miles on US Airways

Earn 500 bonus miles each time you fly America West or America West Express to any of the over 50 new destinations not currently served by US Airways for travel through December 31, 2005. Plus, each time you fly to five additional destinations, you will earn 5,000 more bonus miles. Click here to view details and register now.

Here is what makes sense to me.. I had them match my status already, so I am Gold Preferred and Gold (FF).. so I will make my platinum qualification 90 segments and then switch to US Airways Dividend Miles number... that will allow me to get bonuses on my normal routes... Hmmmm Just wish the 100% bonus kept through the end of the year.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
This is exactly what I was afraid of. They took the worst of everything. I will be in the market for a new airline. I have been flying US Airways a lot this year and really enjoyed flying them. Since America West is taking the worst features of both frequent flyer programs for the new Dividend Miles, I must switch. Also, I don't like the change to a cash bar from hosted bar in the Phoenix America West Clubs.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by enviroian
Are there any plats that have flights scheduled 7 days from now? I'd like to see if they've "tweaked" their auto upgrade software to start at 7 days out vs. 3 days for Plats/CP's.

I have a flight scheduled for October 1 and called last night to try to upgrade. He looked up on the website and said that he would try to put it through. When it didn't go through he said try again tomorrow.

The one question I have is that it says on the Q&A site that the 7 day upgrade starts on October 5. So does that mean that any flights October 5th on should be 7 days or Oct. 5 is the first time we can get that (so we can call on the 5th for a flight on 12th)?

Is there any good way to get all of the many questions answered??

Jennifer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.