Search

LAX FOCUS City going bye bye??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US1
LAX FOCUS City going bye bye??

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...77#post4549377

I hope you guys on these boards know more.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:36 pm

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...77#post4549377

I hope you guys on these boards know more.
I think the LAX focus city dream is going away. The reason is not loads (at least the ONLY reason). One of the major issues is that the aircraft are being deployed to the East Coast as part of the merger.
I really think we don't have enough airplanes, plus LAX was pre-merger.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:57 am

That's right....I've had this discussion on airliners.net and there are a few people that are insisting the LAX focus city idea was a failure. Typical comments from HP haters. In reality, the flights did very well. But like what was said above, the aircraft are being used out east. The CR9 flights are already loaded into US's CLT schedule starting in November. There will still be flights to PVR and ACA out of LAX....Saturdays only I think...the PVR may have a few more days in there.

Also if you browse the HP schedules starting in Nov, you will see more CRj-200 flights as a result of the aircraft movement. Unfortunately in TUS we still have all CR9's...one LAS flight was downgraded to a 200. We want mainline back in the worst way...lol.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought I saw something that said US/HP will have a new lounge at LAX. I don't think they should give up. If aircraft needs to be deployed elsewhere (i.e. higher yield east coast), then I guess that is a different story.

LAX service has significantly improved over the last year or two - the staff is much more friendly and pleasant. I really hope these guys don't lose their jobs.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by username
I thought I saw something that said US/HP will have a new lounge at LAX.
Yes, the former US lounge that closed a few months ago will be reopening following the close of the merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.