Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Official HP will be servicing Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

It's Official HP will be servicing Hawaii

I am an HP employee I am thrilled to spill the beans and let eveyone on the forum know that HP employees just got word from an internal employee communication board that HP will be pressreleasing its new Hawaii flights on Mon. July 11. Here's what was announced to employees:

PHX-HNL and PHX-OGG will start Dec. 16, 2005

PHX-LIH, PHX-KOA, LAS-OGG will start March 1,2006

This was all that was announced so I do not know the scheduled times, frequencys, or anything regarding redeeming miles, etc. I am sure all the other info. will be in the pressrelease.

I must say I was surprised that HP was going to do PHX-LIH, and PHX-KOA. I was only aware of OGG, HNL service. This will definetly put HP on top of the overall PHX-Hawaii marketshare. I am sure the marketing department will advertise something like "more non-stops to Hawaii from PHX than any other airline" I wonder how this would impact ATA. I certainly am curious if HA will want to be bedpartners with HP since the codeshare relationship will be less beneficial since we are services all the main islands.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
This is excellent news. I am looking forward to the announcment on Monday regarding this.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:50 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Pending success there may be non hub originating flights added.

However for now...

America West to begin new Phoenix-Honolulu service
Monday

America West Airlines will announce new service to Hawaii at a news conference Monday afternoon.
America West has offered Phoenix-Hawaii service through a code-share agreement with Hawaiian Airlines, but not on its own until now.

ADVERTISEMENT

The new daily service is expected to be launched in time for this Christmas.

The Business Journal learned of the new service on Sunday and according to America West's Web site, round-trip coach seats from Phoenix to Honolulu are selling for about $700, and first class under $1,400, excluding taxes and airport fees.

Additional details are expected to be released by the airline at 1 p.m., Arizona time.

Tempe-based America West (NYSE: AWA - News) operates nearly 1,000 flights daily to more than 90 destinations in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. The airline has announced its plans to merge with Arlington, Va.-based US Airways Inc. (OTCBB: UAIRQ - News) with $1.5 billion in new capitalization lined up. The two airlines are awaiting approval from a bankruptcy court judge, America West shareholders, and regulatory approvals from the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Air Transportation Stabilization Board.

For more: www.americawest.com.

Last edited by SanDiegoShaun; Jul 11, 2005 at 3:00 pm Reason: Provide less info
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
We need more Canadian flights!
What would make most of us happy campers is if HP got to dump Mesa ...
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Funny people have been asking forever to bring back Hawaii and here it is, now as so as Hawaii is announced, it's more Canada flights??? . I guess its hard to please everyone.... Also Mesa is not going anywhere anytime soon....
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Prem. Exec, HP Plat, DL, NW, Hertz #1 Gold, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by Insiderdude

Dump Mesa? Amen! ^
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Would elites get upgrades to hawaii?
Old Jul 9, 2005, 12:00 am

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Would HP's entry into the Hawai'i market explain why fares around the supposed launch date(s) are incredibly low in comparison to other West Coast-Hawai'i markets?

ie.) PHX-HNL departing mid-late December and a reasonable return date can be found for as low as $397 RT (HA) and $419 (TZ). Both are non-stop flights, and one-connection flights are not too far behind $456 (UA). LAX-HNL is at around $650.

Not sure about the other ones, but hopefully the same trend is there.

Last edited by asu-ua772; Jul 9, 2005 at 12:01 am Reason: Adding more info...
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:51 am

Programs: HP/US
HP to HA

Hang tight all. I have seen the schedule load both for NOW and March 2006. It is due to be loaded tonight but not for sale until Monday, when the media announcement is made. As has already been reported, it will start with 1x daily PHX-HNL and PHX-OGG, using HP 757s. In March 06, service expands from LAS and PHX. I don't want to say too much yet, until it is officially announced.
Yes, you will be able to use FlightFund miles. ^ (I have seen the mileage requirements but they will be announced Monday as well!)
Yes, all you appreciated Elite members will be able to get Elite upgrades at the normal 3/2/1 window. ^
Yes, Same day upgrades will be available (like that will ever happen!).
The codeshare with HA is up in the air even though it was due to end in October 2005 anyway.

So, effective December 16th, HP is back to Hawaii! Book away folks
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:59 am

Now once the merger goes through, start the flight (at least the flight #) in PHL or CLT and now they will have the most direct flights to HI from the east as well to feed this aggressive launch. ^

Last edited by abeflyer; Jul 9, 2005 at 8:26 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
There are already schedules showing up at americawest.com. Both HNL and OGG flights depart PHX around 11:30am for mid-afternoon arrivals in the islands.

The return flights are overnight flights arriving back at PHX in the morning.

The ground time at HNL and OGG is extremely long. Looks to me to be about 8 hours if I remember correctly. It doesn't seem like great equipment utilization, not that I am not thrilled that we are finally getting Hawaii back!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: Empty Seat Program
What I want to know is, How long are the layovers gonna be? and How close will the hotel be to the beach?
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I don't understand how HP will handle comp upgrades to elites to Hawaii. Wouldn't they want to capitalize on the lucrative F market that so many leisure Hawaii-bound pax purchase.

This is good news. Maybe not so much for HA, who'll have increased competition out of PHX, but for the state with an increase in the number of the seats coming in. Let's just hope HP is here to stay this time around! ^
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:04 pm

Great news for PHX! It really won't make that much of a difference to any other person going to Haiwaii. They will still connect in PHX as if there was still a HA codeshare. Anyone seem to think that this could be a rebellion against ATA and WN???

Anyway, great news to hear!
Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skyfly
. . . Here's what was announced to employees:

PHX-HNL and PHX-OGG will start Dec. 16, 2005

PHX-LIH, PHX-KOA, LAS-OGG will start March 1,2006

. . .
PHX-LIH?!

Never had any real reason to look at HP (aside from a couple of SJC-LAS runs). But any new non-stop mainland service to LIH will draw my attention!

Aloha,

Lihu'e 1k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.