Wiki Posts
Search

What Happened Monday 6/27?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What Happened Monday 6/27?

I know they had that website change over the weekend which resulted in some functions not working - I could not retrieve reservation or web check-in because I had an exchanged ticket, for example.

When I got to the airport, the kiosks were broken too. Then the gates were messed up on the flight information display system (FIDS) - according to the gate agent, FIDS is operated by the City of Phoenix.

Then they had to hand-write boarding passes - they could see the reservations but could not print the boarding passess. Then my flight was delayed because the flight planning system was down too.

Strange all these things broke at the same time? Anyone has any insights?

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
FIDS is operated by the city of Phoenix. However, the agent NEGLECTED to explain that FIDS gets its information from the HP computer system.

Obviously, the HP computer system was having some sort of meltdown/performance issues. I have never understood why the agents aren't more straightforward with the passengers when the computer system is acting up. If they were honest, they would get more sympathy from the passengers. After all, we have experienced computer problems at home and/or on the job and would be very understanding of the situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.