Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Website Look

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:38 am

How about the bigger issue - no Firefox for Windows?

The navigation bar at the bottom overlays the quick links box at the bottom if using Firefox 1.04 for Windows.

The system requirements page shows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows 6.0 or higher.

It's just a Firefox bug, because the front page does render properly in Opera 8.0.

I'm really surprised this one didn't come up in the beta testing...
Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:59 am

Anyone out there trying to pay with a Diners? Obviously you cannot select the Diners/Carte Blanche drop-down now that it is Mastercard but when you select Mastercard, it doesn't recognize the security number.

Ugh!
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:12 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I just used web check in. The top customer boarding pass was chopped off, only the agent copy printed. No matter, just ran off two copies.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
So is the "elite status" at the top gone for good now? I hate having to have my card out to board and it was nice just having it on the boarding pass.

Lance
Old Jun 30, 2005, 5:27 pm

Not enough work went into the AmWest website. Has anyone viewed it on Safari/Mac browser? Its impossible to enter in cities and basic search info.

I switched over to Internet Explorer and received an error message off the homepage for most of Monday.

You think they would be interested in booking air fares. Not on this site.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:35 pm
21D

Programs: AA/SPG/Hertz Gold HH/HPSilver
Originally Posted by cargo13
Not enough work went into the AmWest website. Has anyone viewed it on Safari/Mac browser? Its impossible to enter in cities and basic search info.

I switched over to Internet Explorer and received an error message off the homepage for most of Monday.

You think they would be interested in booking air fares. Not on this site.
I just checked with a Mac, I have both here (like a lot people I develop web sites as a side job) If you are not using the latest Safari in Tiger then all bets are off. Safari was released way too earlier IMO and is only now passable as a browser. Forget using IE on a MAc, it's 2 years out of date and never will be updated.

One issue I see using Safari is on the home page, the Search options box does not display the whole date, Number of passengers etc. It does however send the correct data (from the drop down pick list) when searching. This box is Java script and Safari isn't rendering the dislay code as expected.

I didn't check the site against Firefox but in the past I have found it to be OK for most websites.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
Lightbulb Seat Mapper problems

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
As of the past couple of months with the old system, I was consistently having the same problem of selecting seats, having them confirm, but then when I get the confirmation my actual assignments are not even close -- if there are assignments at all. In my experience with that system, ** means you do not have seat assingments, so I'd definitely call soon and have the agent check so that you can get some assigned before it is too late. I don't have enough experience with the new system to know if it is working any better. It sounds
I believe this has been discussed before. Which browser are all the folks that are having this problem using? I had this happen every time I selected seats using Firefox. When I used IE6, it worked correctly every time though.

Maybe we just need their IT dept. to look at making the Seat Mapper work correctly with Firefox. @:-)
Old Jul 4, 2005, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
website is jacked

HP should have done their homework before releasing their new website. First off, webcheck in is screwed up. When I got to the seat selection, I just wanted to click "continue" as I wanted the seat already assigned. I had to go into the seat mapper window just to confirm the seat I already had then hit "continue". Then I get to the print BP screen, click it, and up comes an error message saying "you are already checked in, but aren't able to print a boarding pass. Please proceed to ticket counter for BP" How annoying.

Also, it is random when and if I'm able to view ("manage") my reservation as 50% of the time an error message shows up with a bunch of error messages that make no sense.

Further, some of the destination cities don't show up at all!

I hope HP weeds out these quirks. It is very annoying and only makes HP look like the cheap a$$ airline it is further.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
HP should have done their homework before releasing their new website. First off, webcheck in is screwed up. When I got to the seat selection, I just wanted to click "continue" as I wanted the seat already assigned. I had to go into the seat mapper window just to confirm the seat I already had then hit "continue". Then I get to the print BP screen, click it, and up comes an error message saying "you are already checked in, but aren't able to print a boarding pass. Please proceed to ticket counter for BP" How annoying.
Wow...I haven't experienced any of these problems checking in at all. I don't do the seat mapping at all as I usually take the seat assigned at time of check in.
I wonder if they put a check in the code say "If (checkInPax = NotHappyWithPlatStatus) then ScrewUpWebCheckin"

Lance
Old Jul 5, 2005, 4:49 pm

Programs: CO/Gold:AW/Gold:Hilton/Diamond
Problems Checking in a party of 3

I keep getting a time out when checking in a party of 3- the site can't generate the three boarding passes before it times out. So, we are checked in, but was not able to print the boarding passes. I liked the old site better
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do I need glasses?

If I'm crazy, tell me. Otherwise it looks like the 'bus on the homepage of Americawest.com has lost it's winglets!

This website is so crazy it's almost comical. The g/a at DTW yesterday told me of how many people were complaining about web check-in.

The funny part is on my work laptop running IE 6.0, the winglet-less airbuss appears. On my brand new Vaio at home running IE 7.0 the entire image doesn't even appear!
Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

web check-in

The "Platinum" moniker no longer shows on the boarding pass online and when printed. Is this happening to anyone else? Or am I the only freak having so much trouble with their new website?
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
The "Platinum" moniker no longer shows on the boarding pass online and when printed. Is this happening to anyone else? Or am I the only freak having so much trouble with their new website?
Yeah check out post #9 of this thread I asked the same question about the Status on the boarding passes but no one else mentioned it after I asked so I figured either they didn't like it there and was glad it was gone or weren't experiencing the issue.

Lance
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:42 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Why Not Connected to Shares B?

I noticed that the new site still only lists and interacts with flights booked on HP's site. Why doesn't it connect to Shares B and allow me to interact for flights that were booked through a corporate travel site? I recognize that some things can't be changed due to fare restrictions, but seat changes and upgrades don't affect fares.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
Thumbs down Outside Reservations

I concur with KevAZ's question. Most of my travel on HP gets booked by my corporate travel group and it sucks not being able to manage my seat assignment, etc.

Delta's site, for one, doesn't seem to care where/how you booked your seat.

Last edited by mallthus; Jul 11, 2005 at 10:45 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.