Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX to Virgin to America West

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:45 am
Original Poster

I want to move some American Express Membership Rewards points into Virgin miles, and then move those miles to America West to take advantage of a special upgrade fare. Anybody ever done it that way? Does it work?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jen Greb
I want to move some American Express Membership Rewards points into Virgin miles, and then move those miles to America West to take advantage of a special upgrade fare. Anybody ever done it that way? Does it work?

Welcome to FT, Jen Greb! Unfortunately, you cannot do what you are trying to do.

You can transfer AMEX points to Virgin Flying Club in order to redeem for a free ticket on America West in either economy or first class but that is as far as it goes. You can't transfer points, whether from AMEX or otherwise earned in the VS FC from Virgin to another airline.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by Jen Greb
Check out the WebFlyer Mileage Converter. Converting Amex to AWA miles does not look like a very good option.

I have changed over most of my purchases to Starwood Amex now. Not only does it convert to more airlines, but if you convert 20,000 at a time, Starwood throws in another 5,000 just because.
Old May 9, 2005, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all! Appreciate your replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.