Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A&Bs??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
A&Bs??

Dumb question - please excuse me. I'm an HP Plat, and hand out A&Bs once in a while. Can anyone (or an HP employee willing to jump in) tell me what it does for the employee? What are the benefits of receiving one?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Dumb question - please excuse me. I'm an HP Plat, and hand out A&Bs once in a while. Can anyone (or an HP employee willing to jump in) tell me what it does for the employee? What are the benefits of receiving one?
A and B cards are valuable for HP employees. Once the employee collects 10 cards, we are awarded two rt positive space tickets on HP. The cards are a great way for our Elite members to reward "above and beyond" service!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: Empty Seat Program
Hi insiderdude!

The postitve space tkts can be used by the employee, or given to family/friends not usually eligible for pass privilages. They are popular for getting people to/from weddings, etc. I gave my bro honeymoon tickets for a wedding gift.
For 8 A&Bs, we can get 2 RT fee-waived s/b tkts on a handful of other carriers (value $120). This is usually what I use mine for, as HP dosen't fly nonstop between my home and the city where my best friend lives. But WN has 5 nonstops a day!
I overheard some brand newbie gate agents talking about A&Bs on the bus, and I guess you can turn 1 in for a buddy-pass, which newbies don't usually get until they accrue a certain amt of longevity.

Most go for the 10/positive space tkts.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Lifer
Hi insiderdude!

The postitve space tkts can be used by the employee, or given to family/friends not usually eligible for pass privilages. They are popular for getting people to/from weddings, etc. I gave my bro honeymoon tickets for a wedding gift.
For 8 A&Bs, we can get 2 RT fee-waived s/b tkts on a handful of other carriers (value $120). This is usually what I use mine for, as HP dosen't fly nonstop between my home and the city where my best friend lives. But WN has 5 nonstops a day!
I overheard some brand newbie gate agents talking about A&Bs on the bus, and I guess you can turn 1 in for a buddy-pass, which newbies don't usually get until they accrue a certain amt of longevity.

Most go for the 10/positive space tkts.
Thanks for the explanation!! I gave out another A&B today to a much-deserving FA. I must commend you all at HP = great work. Over the last 2 years I've flown AWA and now am a Platinum member I can say there are some of the very best in the business at HP. When attitude is the norm at other airlines, it is certainly the exception at HP - and one I have not ran into recently, thankfully.

Great work!! I wish I had more A&Bs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.