Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do YOU think the merged name should be?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Hawaiian Pacific?
Old Apr 21, 2005, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Wilbur
Hawaiian Pacific?

Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:28 pm
rec

Programs: AA, UA, NH
Based on my previous experiences with HP and the way that US has been operating lately, I guess the most appropriate name for the merged airline would be...

"Dumb and Dumber"

----

No but seriously, would the new merged airline still be "Cactus" to the ATCs? I may not really care for my hometown airline but I do think it's cool that their flights are referred to as "cactus".
Old Apr 22, 2005, 1:24 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rec
No but seriously, would the new merged airline still be "Cactus" to the ATCs? I may not really care for my hometown airline but I do think it's cool that their flights are referred to as "cactus".
I would guess that if the new company were known as US Airways, the flights would take their call sign: "USAir".
Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:32 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Virgin America Airways, with Virgin doing the branding, but still retrains the America and the Airways part,
Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:24 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Aeroflot West {ducks}

in seriousness....

Western World Airways?
Old Apr 22, 2005, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Phoenix Airways

Guaranteed to tick off Tempe town government, and would reflect the condition of US Airways if the merged entity was successful and rises from the ashes.

Also likely to have nifty logo opportunities.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Wilbur
Phoenix Airways
Also likely to have nifty logo opportunities.
I wonder if McClain Airlines logo is still protected?

McClain logo

Last edited by Tanic; Apr 22, 2005 at 5:49 pm
Old Apr 23, 2005, 12:15 am

USELESS AIR - Just from a 20 year AWA employee - we DO NOT want this "merger" or any part of it. We have worked our butts off and to be saddled with USAir - their reputation is terrible. NO THANK YOU. While I understand we need to be competetive - I do not want to be saddled with the Titanic of airlines.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 12:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Question

Airbus Girl,

Originally Posted by AIRBUS GIRL
USELESS AIR - Just from a 20 year AWA employee - we DO NOT want this "merger" or any part of it.
Is this the consensus from a large amount of employees?
Old Apr 23, 2005, 1:07 am

Absolutely - I have been flying the last 5 days in a row. EVERY employee I have talked to - from gate agent to pilot, to flight attendant... we are so afraid that this merger will erase all that we have accomplished. We feel that if this goes through then we are saddled with all of USAir's problems. Why we (AWA) may not be perfect - the bottom line is we are no where near the terrible morale or problems that USAir has. We realize that we need to remain a player in the airline game. But.... to saddle us with a carrier that those passengers on the east coast don't even want to fly?? We really do not want to see this happen. Then... I could go into a huge seniority issue. USAir has rampers that have been with them for decades. Where do they fit? Where does everyone else fit? I lost thousands of dollars in stock that I was forced to buy when I was hired in 1985. I have a very strong interest in seeing this company survive and I DO NOT want USAir on the AWA property.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:00 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Airbus Girl,

Is this the consensus from a large amount of employees?
In the reservations world, I hear the same thing from agents. As US has outsourced some of their call centers (San Salvador, Mexico City and the Phillipines) recently, some agents think this could be the end of their jobs.
Personally, I feel that the America West name is much more valuable than USAirways. As Airbus Girl said, employees have busted our collective humps to get where we are. Granted, I have been with HP for going on five years but when I started in 2000 I was actually embarrassed to tell people where I worked. Not anymore!
I just have to put trust in our leaders to not do anything crazy.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
The obvious choice is...

Amway!

Then the airline could totally revolutionize the industry and work its way to profitability without actually ever having to sell any tickets or fly any planes - simply focus on recruiting more home-based travel distributors!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 1:51 pm

EastWest Airways ?
Old Apr 23, 2005, 3:53 pm

How about

Amerius Airways
or
Americus Airways

It would blend the America from America West and the US from US Airways well, don't you think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.