Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Bye Arizona Iced Tea

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2005, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Good Bye Arizona Iced Tea

A Flight Attendant told me this week that he was informed that Arizona Iced Tea was being discountinued.......Apparently it will only be around for a few more weeks. That's a bummer....It was my beverage of choice. Reduced bonus miles...now this! When will this madness end?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 5:03 pm

Programs: US/CO/AA/MR Plat
Originally Posted by phxhome
A Flight Attendant told me this week that he was informed that Arizona Iced Tea was being discountinued.......Apparently it will only be around for a few more weeks. That's a bummer....It was my beverage of choice. Reduced bonus miles...now this! When will this madness end?
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please say it ain't so!!!!!!!

This is the one of the best non-alcoholic options. People never notice that it's on the beverage menu and they give you looks when you're drinking one while their downing a cran-apple.

I did notice, however, when the FA gave me a full can last week that the amount of sugar in this stuff is mind boggling.

Soon you're going to tell me that the Ceasar Salad with cold chicken and stale garlic bread is gone!

If I had to choose, the ice-tea would stay - the salad is getting old.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Question Why?

Did they say why is was being discontinued? Seems a shame to discontinue something branded with the states name.

They better not discontinue the Gold Nut Mix that F pax get on short flights. I'll really be pissed then.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
They better not discontinue the Gold Nut Mix that F pax get on short flights. I'll really be pissed then.
Man, I strongly dislike that gold mix. I always ask for whatever the folks in coach get when I'm in F. I'm not a big fan.

I assume other elites have said the same because I've seen FAs with trays with both options and they offer whichever they prefer to the F pax.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 8:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AgtMulder
Man, I strongly dislike that gold mix. I always ask for whatever the folks in coach get when I'm in F. I'm not a big fan. . .
Isn't that interesting. I feel exactly the opposite. As long as they've been serving it, I still really like it.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Isn't that interesting. I feel exactly the opposite. As long as they've been serving it, I still really like it.
Me too... I'm considering ordering my own stash from King Nut.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Saving Money I Guess....

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Did they say why is was being discontinued? Seems a shame to discontinue something branded with the states name.

He said primarily it's a cost savings, but added that it's not a big mover.

My opinion on Gold Nut Mix - Hate it. I usually ask for for pretzels or pass on the snack. They were passing out Atkin's bars in F not too long ago as well.....what's up with that? Yuk.....
Old Apr 9, 2005, 6:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Sweetened tea is disgusting.

As for the gold mix, it's OK. I much prefer the days when America West served Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds in First Class. The worst snack item was the buttermilk stick.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 1:01 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
Sweetened tea is disgusting.

As for the gold mix, it's OK. I much prefer the days when America West served Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds in First Class. The worst snack item was the buttermilk stick.
I am going to miss this "sweetened" tea.... I really do enjoy Arizona Ice Tea... This (as well as Dr Pepper) is one of the highlights of the America West beverage selection...
Old Apr 9, 2005, 4:20 pm

Programs: Empty Seat Program
I just finished a 4day trip and didn't serve a single AZ tea. Very few people order it.
FC pax are split pretty much 50/50 on the love/hate with the Gold snacks.
I am one who offers a selection on a tray, so I have a pretty good idea of what goes. There's always at least a couple who take 2nds, 3rds on the Gold mix. The Biscoffs are still popular.
I loved the Smoked almonds, too, but unless some company wants to put them on for promo, they're too expensive
I think those low-carb bars were a promo deal.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Wink

There's always at least a couple who take 2nds, 3rds on the Gold mix.
That's me! That plus a little cranapple or white wine if I'm in the mood.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:16 am

The Biscoff's are the best... they're supposed to be available only in the morning. The way to get an A&B has in one case had to do with finding Biscoff's for me on an overnight flight... the FA seemed to have a personal stash for those who asked - and a big stash at that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.