Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: This is a test of polling
This would be option 1
0%
This would be option 2
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Help! Need 180 miles quickly. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Help! Need 180 miles quickly. Any ideas?

I need 180 miles in the next 2 days in order to ticket an award travel flight on America West. Is this possible? They don't allow a family transfer of miles. Is there a way of doing this in time or a legitimate way of inexpensively purchasing them?

Thanks!

Mike
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Two days is cutting it close. Have you tried to call them and ask them for a pseudo-loan? I was once less than 200 miles away for an award on AA and a transfer from Starwood had not come through, so they just loaned me the few miles until my transfer posted.

If they won't loan you the miles, you can buy them directly from Flightfund for $50+tax (for 1,000 miles). http://www.americawest.com/flightfun...chasemiles.htm

Good luck.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I suggest you hurry over to Hertz at sky harbor, hop in, and floor it to Yuma. About a 185 miles
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:08 pm

Buy Em

http://www.americawest.com/flightfun...chasemiles.htm

Now there is an easy way to add miles to your FlightFund account, or to give the gift of miles to a friend. The FlightFund BuyMiles and GiftMiles programs allow members to purchase miles for themselves or for other FlightFund members. With FlightFund BuyMiles, you can top off your account with the miles you need to make your next Award reservation. With GiftMiles, you can make someone’s day with a gift of miles to their FlightFund account.

To learn more, or to get started with your purchase, just visit FlightFund BuyMiles.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by California Mike
I need 180 miles in the next 2 days in order to ticket an award travel flight on America West. Is this possible? They don't allow a family transfer of miles. Is there a way of doing this in time or a legitimate way of inexpensively purchasing them?

Thanks!

Mike

iDine perhaps? Find a local restaurant and tip heavily
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:10 am

While purchasing the miles is probably your fastest option, since only need 180 miles total for the award ticket (assuming HP won't let your account go negative being that you are so close), check into www.miles4sale.com where you can buy 500 FlightFund miles for $20 vs. $50 for 1,000 miles directly through America West. I am not 100% sure how fast the miles4sale miles will post, however, should be relatively quick. Good luck!
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:05 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Originally Posted by cab747
While purchasing the miles is probably your fastest option, since only need 180 miles total for the award ticket (assuming HP won't let your account go negative being that you are so close), check into www.miles4sale.com where you can buy 500 FlightFund miles for $20 vs. $50 for 1,000 miles directly through America West. I am not 100% sure how fast the miles4sale miles will post, however, should be relatively quick. Good luck!
As for how long it takes...

When purchasing from America West directly through their BuyMiles program:
Q. When will I see the miles in my account?

A. Please allow 24 hours for the FlightFund miles to be credited to your or your gift recipient's account.
So if you buy today, the miles should be in your account tomorrow.

When buying from miles4sale.com:
Q. How soon are miles available in the frequent flyer account?

A. Miles4Sale submits all orders to America West on Thursday (2:30pm central) of every week. America West posts the miles to accounts by the next day, Friday.
So if you buy your miles today, they'll submit them tomorrow, and they'll be in your account on Friday.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:44 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Bringing this forward....... a bud is waiting patiently for a few miles to post to barely make an award (I'm talking 0 miles to spare) and found this thread. I'll check to see what fees are involved, etc. BuyMiles charges $25 per 1000 miles plus $25 processing and tax.

I'll re-check some of the info and repost since the earlier info is a year old.

Last edited by Viajero Joven; Sep 27, 2005 at 5:53 pm
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:46 pm

Info from miles4sale.com:

Miles4Sale submits all orders to America West on Thursday (2:30pm central) of every week. America West posts the miles to accounts by the next day, Friday. Delta and American Airlines miles are sent to the airlines every day Monday through Friday. Delta usually post the miles by the next day, but can take up to 3-5 business days. (No Expedite Orders). American miles are posted by the next day. Once Miles4Sale submits an order to a participating airline, the order is nonrefundable and the sale is final.

Last edited by Viajero Joven; Sep 27, 2005 at 5:52 pm
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:52 pm

Miles4sale charges a $1.50 processing fee per 500 sent. Still a bit cheaper than directly with HP, but you have to make sure the Thursday processing/Friday posting days will work for you.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 5:21 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Similar need

I need 777 miles to top off my account. I am looking for a posting within about 10 days. I have no planned flying for the rest of the year on HP/US.

Looks like miles4sale is the best option.
miles4sale - 3.956 Cents/mile (1000 miles @ 39.56)
ftd.com - 6.497 Cents/Mile (800 @ 51.98 i.e. 38 $ + taxes etc.)

Didn't look at idine, officemax etc as those are on the order of 3miles/$ spent etc.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by legionnaire
Looks like miles4sale is the best option.
miles4sale - 3.956 Cents/mile (1000 miles @ 39.56)
ftd.com - 6.497 Cents/Mile (800 @ 51.98 i.e. 38 $ + taxes etc.)

Didn't look at idine, officemax etc as those are on the order of 3miles/$ spent etc.
However, with the merchandise miles you do get the merchandise so that's a consideration. On the third hand, you don't know when 3rd party miles will post. My Arizona Republic miles take a couple of months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.