Search

mileage earning options?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2003, 5:58 pm
das
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
mileage earning options?

Any chance of earning miles on any airline other than HP for a HP flight? HP is pricing out really low for an upcoming trip, but I don't want to endure a connection, a 3 hour PHX-SEA flight on a CRJ and end up earning no useful miles.

I don't want to sign up for Flight Fund because it makes things too complicated. I know HP terminated its agreement w/CO but was wondering if they have an agreement w/anyone else.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
When flying America West and/or America West Express, you may credit your flights to the following programs instead of FlightFund:

- British Airways Executive Club
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club

If you were flying America West or America West Express operated flights between the United States and Mexico/Canada/Alaska as well as Northwest coded flights between Phoenix/Las Vegas and Los Angeles/San Francisco when connecting to Northwest Airlines flights to/from Asia, you could also have the option of Northwest Airlines WorldPerks.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 4:43 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
TransWorldOne, would we get any bonus in the programs you listed based on our HP FF elite level? It would be great if I can fly HP and accrue to BA with my normal HP bonus

As a matter of fact, are you aware of any mileage program that credits elite bonus to its own program when taking a flight on a partner's metal? And whether it makes any difference between an actual code share vs a partner's flight number?

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map
Old Jul 20, 2003, 12:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jet2K:
TransWorldOne, would we get any bonus in the programs you listed based on our HP FF elite level? It would be great if I can fly HP and accrue to BA with my normal HP bonus</font>
No-- definitely no bonus based on FlightFund Elite status for flying HP and crediting to a partner program.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">As a matter of fact, are you aware of any mileage program that credits elite bonus to its own program when taking a flight on a partner's metal? And whether it makes any difference between an actual code share vs a partner's flight number? </font>
When flying a Continental partner (codeshare or not) and crediting to OnePass, you almost always receive the Elite bonus and q-miles.

Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Thanks for the feedback TransWorldOne.

Too bad OnePass miles seem to only be usable for rulebuster awards based on comments on other boards
Old Jul 21, 2003, 11:26 am
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jet2K:
Thanks for the feedback TransWorldOne.

Too bad OnePass miles seem to only be usable for rulebuster awards based on comments on other boards </font>
If it is coach awards you are looking for, they are fairly easy to get. Business class awards can be near impossible to confirm more than thirty days beyond your date of departure. Non-Elite members have a significantly more difficult time redeeming awards.

------------------
"We will not cut benefits from OnePass, our industry-leading frequent flyer program, because we remain committed to rewarding our most loyal customers."

-- Gordon Bethune (Continental's CEO) two weeks before significantly cutting benefits of the OnePass program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.