Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum & Gold Reservations Lines - Long Hold Times

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
Platinum & Gold Reservations Lines - Long Hold Times

Alrighty....so is it just me or have the hold times been increasing on the Platinum & Gold Reservations lines? I know it's summer vacation/travel time, but I would think that they'd keep the hold times to a minimum for their most frequent fliers.

My hold time has been 7-10+ minutes the last 5 times I've called in for reservations and/or upgrades.

-Steve
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
About six weeks ago, I needed to make a reservation using credit from an unused ticket. I didn't have my Elite card with me, so I didn't know the Elite line telephone number. I called the reservations line and after an hour on hold, I hung up, visited Continental.com and bought a ticket from them.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I've had longer waits on the Platinum line the past couple of weeks than ever before. MUCH longer.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 10:29 am

I find that calling the regular 800 number for reservations is just as fast, if not faster.

The only exception to this might be DL, which I find their 800 number to be busy more times than not.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 12:07 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
They have been longer for me as well....
Old Jul 6, 2003, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Another HP Elite pointed out to me that I was using last year's Plat phone #. Apparently they changed the # on the back of the card in 2003; now I get through FAST!

Cheers,

-Steve
Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smantl01:
Another HP Elite pointed out to me that I was using last year's Plat phone #. Apparently they changed the # on the back of the card in 2003; now I get through FAST!

Cheers,

-Steve
</font>
Exactly the same thing here. I've had the same number programmed into my cell phone and desk phone for years and didn't even think to check that the number might be new this year. There is, in fact, a different number on the back of this year's card. That's no doubt the problem. Thanks, Steve!
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
When I first talked to the folks at the Platinum number this year, they said they change the elite number EVERY year, so you need to check it when your new card arrrives.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:55 am

The last four digits I have been using are 3640. I do not have any of my material. Am I up to date?

Someone should suggest that when you log on to your HP profile is shows the current elite phone number to call. There are many ff who whould be buried in cards/materials if they kept everything.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 1:08 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Centurion:
The last four digits I have been using are 3640. I do not have any of my material. Am I up to date?
</font>
Time to update - at least if you're calling in on the Plat line; call in and ask them for the updated #.

Cheers,

-Steve
Old Jul 8, 2003, 1:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
This is one thing I have always done, change the phone number! The new number comes on the back of the new card every year, and becomes valid on March 1, from what I understand.

I am still having longer than normal hold times on a regular basis, even with this years Gold number.

Hope this helps to shorten some people's wait though!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.