Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Corporate AWArds Program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Changes to the Corporate AWArds Program

Got this by email...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Important Changes to the America West Airlines Corporate AWArds Program!

After 18 successful months, the Corporate AWArds program is undergoing some changes. Please take a few moments to review the following program changes that will become effective March 1, 2003.
Companies currently enrolled in the program will be asked to provide a tax identification number. One of our representatives will contact you if we do not currently have a tax ID number on file. For your convenience you may also e-mail your tax ID and Corporate AWArds code (begins with “SC”) to [email protected].

To ensure that we maximize the savings opportunities for our small to mid-size business customers, Corporate AWArds accounts must meet a minimum of $4,000 and maximum of $75,000 revenue flown on America West every six months. If your company is above the maximum, a Sales representative will contact you to discuss a corporate program tailored to your company’s travel.

The Corporate AWArds 5% discount will not be available on our sale and most deeply discounted fares.

The 5% discount may be applied to booking classes F, Y, H, W, B, Q and L.
Discounts may not be applied to booking classes K, V and M.
Your company's eligibility to participate in the Corporate AWArds program will be based on your company’s flown revenue on America West during the period July 1, 2002, through December 31, 2002. If you have joined Corporate AWArds after June 30, 2002, your account will be evaluated
after you have been in the program for six months. If your company does not meet the new requirements, you will receive an e-mail notification within the next 10-14 days.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to continuing to service your business' travel needs.

Please address any questions to [email protected]. </font>
------------------
More Room Throughout Coach: the Website of Free Miles and Free Markets

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:45 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">After 18 successful months, the Corporate AWArds program is undergoing some changes.</font>
If the program was successful, why are such drastic changes being made?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">To ensure that we maximize the savings opportunities for our small to mid-size business customers, Corporate AWArds accounts must meet a minimum of $4,000 and maximum of $75,000 revenue flown on America West every six months.

The Corporate AWArds 5% discount will not be available on our sale and most deeply discounted fares.
</font>
This seems like a move that the other airlines would make. We're maximizing your saving opportunities by making it impossible for many small businesses to use. How does limiting the fare classes valid for Corporate AWArds "maximize the savings opportunities"??? This is quite clearly minimizing opportunities that businesses will have to save by flying HP.

I sure hope that this is not a sign of "opportunities" to come from HP. Until now, they have almost always been logical in their business decisions. :-(

Later,
Tim in Hollyood

[This message has been edited by Tim in Hollywood (edited 02-07-2003).]
Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:52 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Darn, looks like your daughter's lemonade stand ain't gonna qualify as a small business in the eyes of AWA anymore.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Does anyone have a ID number to share?
Old Feb 7, 2003, 7:22 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
Hi all,

I have to admit that I think the requirements were probably too lax. Just say you are a business and get 5% off. I think they could have solved this by requiring some documentation or the Tax ID. I was in the Corporate AWArds program with a legitimate small business.

However, requiring $4,000 every six months will certainly cause HP to lose some revenue from my company. We do not fly enough to meet their new minimums, but do have 2-4 RTs per month. It was nice having the discount. A couple of times, it did make the difference on which airline we chose.

Tim in Hollywood
Old Feb 8, 2003, 2:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I'm sorry to hear about these changes to the Corporate AWArds program. I have enjoyed my participation over the last year and a half.

The new spending qualification guidelines are understandable. As far as the fare requirements, I believe those are far too onerous.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
I never received the email mentioned above regarding changes to the program. I did, this morning, receive notification that my account's being zapped since we're $87 short of the $4000 minimum.

Sometimes we actually pay higher fares to stick with AmericaWest; guess I need to be a better shopper!

------------------
HP Platinum
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:11 am

Does this program still exist? When I call AW, noe of 4 different agents know it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.