Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Japan?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just booked (using UA miles) NH 911 NRT-HKG in June. Can I get a seat assignment when I call them? Do they allow online check-in? Btw, I have no UA/NH status.

Thx.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:42 am

Just log onto the ANA website, and on the front page after clicking 'international' tab at the top, you'll find a button for the 'Smart-e check-in'. You can pick your seats just by providing your ANA PNR (obtainable from UA) - it couldn't be easier.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:35 am

Trip Report NRT-TPE on AirJapan

Just wanted to drop a couple comments on my very recent Air Japan NH-coded flight from NRT to TPE.

Checking in at Narita was through All Nippon.
Lounge service: ANA Club Lounge
Aircraft: B767-300 Old Series (C-class 2-2-2 Config , although it was the newly config 2-1-2 when I took this flight in March 09 ^) with ANA logo plane
Crew: All Nippon Crew
Service: Same ANA intra-asia service and food selections (as far as I know because I have only taken NRT to TPE to NRT and BKK to NRT before)

Overall: ANA (wouldn't even know it is AirJapan)
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by myperks

Aircraft: B767-300 Old Series (C-class 2-2-2 Config , although it was the newly config 2-1-2 when I took this flight in March 09 ^) with ANA logo plane
Crew: All Nippon Crew

Overall: ANA (wouldn't even know it is AirJapan)
Only NRT-China routes are fixed with 763 with new interiors.

If it is operated by Air Japan, why would the crew be NH then ? They have the same uniforms, but it doesn't mean those are NH crew. It is the same for United Express, they wear the UA uniforms, but all of those FA, pilots, planes all belong to individual regional companies, e.g. Trans States, Go Jet, Shuttle America, Republic.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Only NRT-China routes are fixed with 763 with new interiors.

If it is operated by Air Japan, why would the crew be NH then ? They have the same uniforms, but it doesn't mean those are NH crew. It is the same for United Express, they wear the UA uniforms, but all of those FA, pilots, planes all belong to individual regional companies, e.g. Trans States, Go Jet, Shuttle America, Republic.
If you look at the Seat amenities search function on ANA, it will show this month as the old Club Ana seat and next month, the new Club ANA seats.

The flight attendants serving C-class on my TPE flight had ANA pins (i guess because AirJapan is part of the ANA group) and no mention of AirJapan during any annoucements, just ANA and Star Alliance. This B767 did not have any AirJapan markings, unlike my previous flight in March, but my boarding pass did show: "NQ operations".

My apologies if I gave wrong info on ANA crew on "AirJapan". But in the end, the service is the same.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by stargold
Just log onto the ANA website, and on the front page after clicking 'international' tab at the top, you'll find a button for the 'Smart-e check-in'. You can pick your seats just by providing your ANA PNR (obtainable from UA) - it couldn't be easier.
I just got a seat assignment on the ANA site. I’m confused about the 5 day confirmation policy. Do I have to confirm the seat 5 days before the departure? Will I lose the seat if no action is taken?

Thx.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
If you look at the Seat amenities search function on ANA, it will show this month as the old Club Ana seat and next month, the new Club ANA seats.

The flight attendants serving C-class on my TPE flight had ANA pins (i guess because AirJapan is part of the ANA group) and no mention of AirJapan during any annoucements, just ANA and Star Alliance. This B767 did not have any AirJapan markings, unlike my previous flight in March, but my boarding pass did show: "NQ operations".

My apologies if I gave wrong info on ANA crew on "AirJapan". But in the end, the service is the same.
What I meant about only NRT-China routes used fixed 763 with new interiors include HKG, but exclude TPE.

FA are not required to make any announcement of operated by subsidary carrier, so that not to confuse pax, not unless it is codeshare.

Service is the same now probably many pax complained in the beginning of NQ, as there are huge difference between NH and NQ years ago. NQ FA used to be speak almost no English at all, and the meal taste horrible especially in Y.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
I'm flying NRT-HKG on UA9677 which is Air Japan for NH. Never heard of them either which is why I came to this thread.

As a 1K on United, will I get the double redeemable miles?
Old Apr 29, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by LAChargers
No, as you're not on UA metal, you're on NH metal. Well, really Air Japan metal. But unlike UA regional carriers, you won't notice a thing off of NH standards. Enjoy the flight!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAChargers

Not only you don't get double redeemable miles, you may not even get 100% redemmable miles.
Old May 4, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
Air Japan / ANA 767 laptop power

Just came back from NRT-HNL return, NQ 1051/2 and NRT-BKK NH915.

All in Club ANA Asia on the 767-300 with the newer 2-1-2 config.

Contrary to what the seat websites appear to say there is no inseat laptop power in business class on any of the seats on these planes.

Or else I was on the only 3 in the fleet that don't have it!

Apart from this very good flights!
Old May 12, 2009, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA
how many of these does NH have?

i am also looking at a NRT-SIN on NH and it says "operated by Japan Transocean".. also on a 763.

Does NH operate their own flights anymore? They got some weird arrangements through their what I assume to be wholly owned subsidiaries. If their flights are virtually identical to NH flights, only way, i assume, they are saving $$ is if the subsidiaries' workforces are non-union.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldexpress
i am also looking at a NRT-SIN on NH and it says "operated by Japan Transocean".. also on a 763.
It is operated by Air Japan, not "Japan Tansocean". Japan Transocean Air is JTA, a subsidiary of JL, not NH, they only fly from japan to those small islands of Okinawa and Ryuku
Old May 13, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA
It is operated by Air Japan, not "Japan Tansocean". Japan Transocean Air is JTA, a subsidiary of JL, not NH, they only fly from japan to those small islands of Okinawa and Ryuku
that's weird. i swear it did say "Operated by Japan Tansocean," when i looked up for NH flights. Any rate, thanks for clearing up on who belongs to whom.
Old May 13, 2009, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okinawa is a prefecture in Japan , Ryukyu is another name for Okinawa !

The only thing correct is that Japan Trans-Ocean Air (JTA) is a JAL Subsid....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.