Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Trans-Pacific award in First between NRT and North America (and vv) in Dec/Jan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trans-Pacific award in First between NRT and North America (and vv) in Dec/Jan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I was considering a routing JFK-NRT on ANA (NH009), using star alliance award miles.

Looking at the availability tool there really aren't any seats available in any class in December 2009 - even for economy (I wanted first). Looking ~330 days out there are only economy seats but nothing else. Being much more flexible in December I have found a few days with business/economy seats.

Based on this thread is booking first seats with ANA from the USA in December around the 12th (+/- 7 days) a very slim/non-existant chance of happening and should I just try and go with another airline instead. I'd be looking for two seats?

Last edited by littlevoices; Apr 18, 2009 at 7:14 am Reason: edit:clarified was willing to go anywhere from the US
Old Apr 18, 2009, 8:19 am

One seat is already uncommon to the extent of being impossible - but not quite. I've just travelled on NRT-FRA in F yesterday. However, I'd say two seats are pretty much impossible.

The main thing regarding NH F on miles is to not expect it, and book something that is available right now, then try to change it later when/if it does become availale. Think of it as a mini-lottery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.