Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F redemption availability scanty?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

F redemption availability scanty?

Hi there, been trying to get 2 seats on F redemption between NRT and LHR or NRT - FRA return - even business seats are hard to come by let alone first - any tips on how far ahead I should try - I have tried as far as 10 months ahead but not got anything confirmed - all on so called 'waitlist' - is F redemption like that for SQ F as well?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been checking for F redemption on the NRT-LAX sector the whole month of May/June with nothing poping up. It looks like NH isn't releasing any seats at all.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: ANA, JAL
Well I got a seat in F for NRT-CDG recently, return in C. I was put on waiting list for both legs at first, called them two times to know how things were going on. 20 mins after my second call (which was after 1 week on waiting list and more than a month before the flight), I got a confirmation email that I cleared both WL.

Did you ask how many people are on waiting list? FYI, in my case there were 4 people in F and 13 in C for the return leg. This is just the number of people, not the ranking in the list.

Status is obviously important too, and securing 2 F seats might be difficult, as supposely there are only 3 rewards seats available in F. 1 NH award F, 1 for upgraded from C and 1 award for *A affiliates.

It seams like, expect for a few date in the middle on the low season, NH's F aren't not automatically released. All people are putted in waiting list first. I guess this is to protect their base of good customers.

I'm afraid this won't help that much but still, my advice would be to call them, call them often, and ask to send a message to the Head Office in Tokyo to accelerate the process.

Good luck and Regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.