Search

Anybody tried Smart-e Check-in yet?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Anybody tried Smart-e Check-in yet?

Smart-e Check-in

I am planning to use it next week IAD-NRT so that I can reach the airport a little later than the 60 minute cutoff without them cancelling my reservation. Will this work for this purpose? Of course, I will have no check-in luggage. I am coming in on the redeye from LAX into IAD on the same morning and I have to run a dozen errands before heading back out to the airport.

What would be the latest I could cut it before appearing at the airport? There are usually no security line issues at IAD at this time i.e. 10-11am.

Last edited by tide; Jan 15, 2006 at 2:34 am
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:50 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
I usually try and get to the airport a minimum of 2 hours early at SFO so I can chat with the NH ground staff and still have plenty of time to enjoy the UA Intl F lounge.

Good luck.

Scho
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I don't like to get to the airport any earlier than I absolutely have to. Especially at my home airport (IAD). I have no special interest for lounges as well - extra time staying at home is infinitely more comfortable.

I tried the e-checkin today and they are giving away bonus points for doing so (200-500 points). You can change seat assignments at check-in.

Got to the airport exactly 60 minutes before flight. No problems. Flight was delayed so I wasn't even cutting it close. Was op-uped to C IAD- NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.