Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Double Mileage Promotion "Thanks W"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2005, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: NH DIA SFC (*G), JL JGC (OW Sapphire), AMEX PLT, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold
Thumbs up ANA Double Mileage Promotion "Thanks W"

Loos like ANA are matching JL's double mileage promotion on domestic and international flights from 12/15 ~ 03/31.

Qualifying fares are those which earn at least 75% in domestic and 70% on international.

Pre-registration is req'd from the 11/24.

Link in Japanese (english not up yet) :
https://www.ana.co.jp/amc/news/cpn_wmile/main.html

Nippon_UK
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:52 am

Programs: NH-PLT
Originally Posted by Nippon_UK
Loos like ANA are matching JL's double mileage promotion on domestic and international flights from 12/15 ~ 03/31.

Qualifying fares are those which earn at least 75% in domestic and 70% on international.

Pre-registration is req'd from the 11/24.

Link in Japanese (english not up yet) :
https://www.ana.co.jp/amc/news/cpn_wmile/main.html

Nippon_UK
Please note that this campaign is for Japan residents only.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NH DIA SFC (*G), JL JGC (OW Sapphire), AMEX PLT, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold
Right, that's strange. I swear when I looked at it this morning, it said overseas residents too.

I apologise.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NH fan
Nothing wrong with this(although others would disagree ) !
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by NH fan
I guess this makes me feel a lot better about about missing a BKK-NRT-SFO trip by 4 days.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 6:49 pm

I just saw today in Japanese newspapers published in HKG an ad on this double mile campaign. Maybe it is at least targeted also at those in HKG? Outside Japan.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:39 am
Original Poster

The info. has now be uploaded onto the UK website (Japanese version). Looks like it is for all non-Japan residents too:

http://www.anaskyweb.com/uk/j/travel...motions/wmile/

Only in Japanese.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:22 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Excellent info Nippon_UK ^

Now available in English:

http://www.anaskyweb.com/us/e/travel...ile/index.html
Old Nov 27, 2005, 12:06 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Very Cool.
Registered.

All the dates are a little confusing though.

Registration Dates: Nov.26, 2005 to Mar.31, 2006 23:59

Flight Dates: December 1, 2005-March 31, 2006

Mileage Accumulation Deadline: "Accumulation must be completed by Apr.10, 2006" I suppose this means that if you fly by March 31 you have until Apr. 10 to retroactively submit your boarding pass and accrue the miles. Agree? Disagree?

Now should I give up my confirmed F seat on Nov 30 and push my trip off a day? Miss the FT get together in Shimbashi? Miss Friday "Face Time" at the office? Miss Lunch with JackR? All for 5000 Bonus Miles? Tempting but not worth it IMHO.

However, I will still rack up 27,000 Promo Bonus Miles!

Cheers,

Scho
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:03 am

"W"?

I'm not sure I understand what the bonus is. If I'm a Diamond flying C, I would ordinarily get 100% basic mileage, 25% class of service, and 125% diamond for a total of 250% of the actual miles. With the "W" program (only in Japan does "W" mean "double"!) do I now get 500% of the actual miles? Or does it just double the basic miles so I get 350%? If the latter, it's really only 40% more. It's hard to know how far I can trust a program called "W" ....
Old Dec 1, 2005, 5:02 am

Programs: ANA Bronze, Delta, CA Gold, Priority Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Carry over miles on ANA

I will have 29,000 miles on Dec 31. Will my 29,000 carry over to the next year in attaining the Bronze Elite Status?
Why does it take ANA so long to pickup Hertz #1 Gold points?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam1860
I will have 29,000 miles on Dec 31. Will my 29,000 carry over to the next year in attaining the Bronze Elite Status?
Are you talking 29k Platinum points (EQMs) or do you mean Mileage balance (redeemable miles)? If the former, everything will reset to 0 on the 1st Jan, which will mean that you need to start from scratch. If the latter, your mileage will be valid until the december 2 years after you fly.

Nippon_UK
Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Sam1860
Welcome to FT and you should post your question really in a new thread.

I've had the same problems with Avis and to a lesser extent my Hilton stays. I literally had to save everything and watch the account like a hawk. After lots of retroactive credit and faxes and apologies later, I gave up in 2005 and have switched my Avis/Hilton accruals to UA.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by jupitermars
I'm not sure I understand what the bonus is...
It's hard to know how far I can trust a program called "W" ....
AFAIK, all the airlines do double/multiples-of bonuses on base miles. This is a great promo from NH because these come by rarely - looking at it the other way, I'd count my blessings.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:57 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by tide
AFAIK, all the airlines do double/multiples-of bonuses on base miles. This is a great promo from NH because these come by rarely - looking at it the other way, I'd count my blessings.

I just checked my online statement and saw the "Thanks Double Mileage Campaign" credited. The result was:

Basic mileage: 100%
C class: 25%
Dia (advance) bonus: 125%
Thanks Double: 125%

In other words, the "thanks double" is based on class of service. So as a diamond in C I got 375% of the basic sector mileage. (Not to mention having used upgrade coupons for New Style F) A good day at the office.

PS, it takes a while for the "thanks double" bonus to post after the initial flight is posted, so don't panic if you don't see it for a number of weeks

jm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.