Wiki Posts
Search

"Blended" award possible

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
"Blended" award possible

I didn't know this so maybe others may not this.

NH allows "blended" awards e.g. IAD-NRT in Y and the return in C/F, or any combinations thereof. The mileage required is adjusted propotionately e.g. 65k miles for a IAD-NRT in which outbound is Y (25k miles) and the return is C (40k miles).

Found this out last week trying to book award travel at short notice for next week. This gave me a lot of flexibility trying to get out of WL flts.

Some more pieces of totally anecdotal trivia:
1) mrs tide (who has no status) is constantly told to use (and is given) the Diamond number when she dials in
2) wait times on the Diamond number is close to non-existent, about 5-8 minutes on the Platinum number and 20 minutes on the general number. I was bored and tried all 3 on different numbers.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:06 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
NW & CO also allow such blended awards. Any others?
Old Jul 16, 2005, 1:14 pm

SAS EuroBonus allowes that as long as you travel on Sk metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.