Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Flying w/ United & ANA codeshare. Baggage allowance question for military

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Hello! I'm flying soon with United Airlines from Denver (DEN) to Vietnam (SGN) with a layover at Tokyo (NRT), then with ANA codeshare to SGN on the last leg. I'm an active U.S. military, and United allows 3 checked luggage @ 70 lbs/ea when checking in at DEN.

On the return flight from SGN, I'll check in with ANA at SGN airport, and I wonder if ANA will accept my 3 checked bags @ 70 lbs/ea weight without adding extra cost since my flight were booked with UA.

I know the standard weight limit is 2 check bags @ 50 lbs/ea, but it's the "New Year" in Asia and I'm bringing gifts to the family.

Flights were all booked with United.com. All flight # are UA coded. Anyone with a similar predicament in the past can shed some light?

Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 8, 2024, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AMEXMLA
Hello! I'm flying soon with United Airlines from Denver (DEN) to Vietnam (SGN) with a layover at Tokyo (NRT), then with ANA codeshare to SGN on the last leg. I'm an active U.S. military, and United allows 3 checked luggage @ 70 lbs/ea when checking in at DEN.

On the return flight from SGN, I'll check in with ANA at SGN airport, and I wonder if ANA will accept my 3 checked bags @ 70 lbs/ea weight without adding extra cost since my flight were booked with UA.

I know the standard weight limit is 2 check bags @ 50 lbs/ea, but it's the "New Year" in Asia and I'm bringing gifts to the family.

Flights were all booked with United.com. All flight # are UA coded. Anyone with a similar predicament in the past can shed some light?

Thanks for the help!
If the 3*70lbs is on your ticket, then ANA will allow it. If it is a special allowance that United grants when documenting you are active US military I think you are out of iuck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.