Wiki Posts
Search

"Subject to government approval"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)

I am looking to book some flights using ANA website for my family and I have encountered several times some routes with the following message:

What's the deal with this? Which gov needs to approve?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sodaisei
I am looking to book some flights using ANA website for my family and I have encountered several times some routes with the following message:

What's the deal with this? Which gov needs to approve?
ANA always write that when putting a new route up for sale. I don't think I have ever heard of that approval not coming once the flight is available for sale. I guess it depends the specific route who has to approve it.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA*G
It is mostly a formality for new routes, and approval is pretty much expected.

With that said, flights sold with that disclaimer subsequently canceled, after not obtaining approval, has happened before! (not on ANA)
https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...npasar-flights
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Understand, thank you!
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Not only new routes. Flights from HND to FRA which have been operating for years are still marked “Subject to government approval”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.