Search

Error message when booking award

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2023, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA++
Error message when booking award

Hi All

I am trying to book ANA business, which require round trip, if I am right.
Outbound from LAX to NRT is available in late Nov. , but the inbound of course wait-listed since it is far away in mid January 2023.

It shows this message. I kind of don't understand what this message means
Anyone?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ssg10

Hi All

I am trying to book ANA business, which require round trip, if I am right.
Outbound from LAX to NRT is available in late Nov. , but the inbound of course wait-listed since it is far away in mid January 2023.

It shows this message. I kind of don't understand what this message means
Anyone?
If you are less than 14 days from departure you can't use wait lists. You need to have availability to complete.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks! So, I need to find an outbound that is available 15 days or more than today, then the inbound wait list will be accepted?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 11:21 am

Thanks! So, I need to find an outbound that is available 15 days or more than today, then the inbound wait list will be accepted?
My understanding is that if both outbound and inbound don't clear the waitlist by a certain deadline prior to departure, the entire award itinerary will be cancelled. I don't believe you can fly the outbound without a confirmed (not waitlisted) return seat when booking award travel directly with ANA.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chemystery
My understanding is that if both outbound and inbound don't clear the waitlist by a certain deadline prior to departure, the entire award itinerary will be cancelled. I don't believe you can fly the outbound without a confirmed (not waitlisted) return seat when booking award travel directly with ANA.
Indeed, it will be accepted for 1 day, and if not cleared by the 14 day mark, it will be cancelled.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Wow. So if current availability that the only availability is the next 2-3 weeks for business, it is pretty much impossible to use award booking?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. So if current availability that the only availability is the next 2-3 weeks for business, it is pretty much impossible to use award booking?
Potentially you could book a return before you need it, and then hope that the return you need opens later on when that is within the 2 weeks period. Rather risky, as you can't change routing only dates. But yes, the requirement for a return booking when using ANA miles does make things rather tricky.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Potentially you could book a return before you need it, and then hope that the return you need opens later on when that is within the 2 weeks period. Rather risky, as you can't change routing only dates. But yes, the requirement for a return booking when using ANA miles does make things rather tricky.
Got it
So like if I found opening 12/6 which is within 2 weeks from now, I need to book a return like 12/12 because it is what is available and keep on changing the return date? Is it free to do so and can be done online?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.