Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Will ANA ever complete the roll out of the “new” F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR

It’s been what, 5-8 years? Are they even working on it? Pathetic.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Historically ANA has taken a long time to roll out new international cabins. When they switched J from recliners to angled flat, and then from angled flat to Staggered (full flat), it took several years each time.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:13 am

do you mean the Suite/Room? I don’t think they are doing anything further there are they? Prolly waiting for 777x
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
do you mean the Suite/Room? I don’t think they are doing anything further there are they? Prolly waiting for 777x
Yeah, I don't think we will see more planes until Boeing gets the 777-9 ready for delivery
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
It’s been what, 5-8 years? Are they even working on it? Pathetic.
ANA announced The Room/The Suite in 2019. It was a very understated announcement made only around 1-2 months before the first plane was flying HND-LHR. From the beginning, they only promised to refit a subfleet of Boeing 777-300ERs used on the most premium markets. And that's exactly what they delivered. It will probably never be installed on the 787s, since the cabin isn't wide enough to accommodate The Room seat.

ANA themselves have not been hyping up the product. It's the travel bloggers and social media folks that have been fawning over The Room since launch, and raising the public's expectation of ANA to unreasonable levels. The real ANA business experience is predominantly the staggered J product, which isn't industry leading, but still competitive.

If the 787s ever get an upgrade, it will have to be a completely new business seat. They also have very little incentive to update the 4 remaining 77Ws, confined to ORD-TYO and SFO-NRT runs.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yeah, I don't think we will see more planes until Boeing gets the 777-9 ready for delivery
An ambitious bet on ANA's part, I would be surprised to see the 777X flying before 2027
Old Nov 9, 2023, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LH_A346
An ambitious bet on ANA's part, I would be surprised to see the 777X flying before 2027
Eventually they will probably need to replace the business staggered, but they would probably be looking at something that fits in to the 787 as that is where they majority of the business staggered are in operation.

I am sure that ANA are not too happy with the time line, but they probably not be willing to invest in new cabins for the airframes that will start retiring in 4 years.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 9:06 pm

Considering how much larger the ANA 787 fleet is -- and assuming that they plan to keep their 787 fleet flying for years to come -- then what kind of upgrade will they do in J? One assumes that The Room is way too wide for the 787 cabin. Maybe they'll approach it the way QR did for their fleet, wherein their Q Suite is very nice and spacious on their 777s and A350s but they had to come up with a different seat for the 787s. In that case they modified an existing seat (herringbone with doors) to create a seat that resembles Q Suite in some ways...
Old Nov 10, 2023, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Stratoliner777
Considering how much larger the ANA 787 fleet is -- and assuming that they plan to keep their 787 fleet flying for years to come -- then what kind of upgrade will they do in J? One assumes that The Room is way too wide for the 787 cabin. Maybe they'll approach it the way QR did for their fleet, wherein their Q Suite is very nice and spacious on their 777s and A350s but they had to come up with a different seat for the 787s. In that case they modified an existing seat (herringbone with doors) to create a seat that resembles Q Suite in some ways...
I don’t think anyone knows. Wish they’d just put the apex suites in like JAL did - much prefer them to the Room - but that’s probably unlikely.
Stratoliner777 likes this.

Last edited by pesos; Nov 11, 2023 at 1:31 am
Old Nov 11, 2023, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by pesos
I don’t think anyone knows. Wish they’d just put the apex suites in like JAL did - much prefer them to the Room - but that’s probably unlikely.
Now that you mention it, maybe a version of the suites JAL has planned for its A350s, or the suites VS and DL have for their A330s, might work...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.